Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

There was also this

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/euro_2012/2012/06/26-248243/Napoli,+Mazzarri+vuole+Balzaretti+a+sinistra

As I said this is always tenuous stuff and Tuttosport/Corriere etc all have columns to fill so it may well have come to nothing either way but it would be positive to get in a defender of his ability to compliment the squad. The defensive issues are really biting them every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Eljero Elia has signed for Werder Bremen for €5.5m to be paid over two seasons.

Ahahahahahaha

maglia_inter_rossa.jpg

Ahahahahahaha

maglia_inter_rossa.jpg

Yikes!

The sleeves really look out of place.

The Inter ultras have written to Moratti complaining about it and have asked fans not to wear it to matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

The Inter ultras have written to Moratti complaining about it and have asked fans not to wear it to matches.
    It is absolutely horrendous, why in the name of god they put the blue and black on the arms like that I'll never know. I don't mind the red too much, I liked the red goalies jersey from last season, but that looks like they forgot it was an Inter jersey and just added the blue and black bits to the end just to say they had the club colours on it. Still not as bad as the Juve away one from last season though, but it is close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

dor83 wrote: »
    It is absolutely horrendous, why in the name of god they put the blue and black on the arms like that I'll never know. I don't mind the red too much, I liked the red goalies jersey from last season, but that looks like they forgot it was an Inter jersey and just added the blue and black bits to the end just to say they had the club colours on it. Still not as bad as the Juve away one from last season though, but it is close.

At least the pink Juventus ones have a historic tradition behind them, but thats just fooked. Thats the worst italian club away jersey I've seen in years...

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    At least the pink Juventus ones have a historic tradition behind them, but thats just fooked. Thats the worst italian club away jersey I've seen in years...
    The pink has but that big black star was what made it so bad, it looked like kids pajamas or something. The Inter one has something to do with the Chinese company Moratti was talking to about building the new stadium, that was actually were it was first officially seen too.

The pink has but that big black star was what made it so bad, it looked like kids pajamas or something. The Inter one has something to do with the Chinese company Moratti was talking to about building the new stadium, that was actually were it was first officially seen too.

Fair enough. Its hard to defend a pink jersey at the best of times in fairness. If they get a saving on the stadium it'd be well worth it. Are there any pics of their new stadium yet?

It is probably the worst football jersey I have ever seen. As Air-Aussie said, the pink isn't to everyone's taste but it has strong links to Juve's history. The red Inter shirt is like Juve having a granata away kit.

Wearing the colours of your biggest rivals in the hope of some Chinese people giving you money.......where to start with what's wrong with that. No al calcio moderno.

• Advertisement

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Fair enough. Its hard to defend a pink jersey at the best of times in fairness. If they get a saving on the stadium it'd be well worth it. Are there any pics of their new stadium yet?
    No, nothing definite yet. The club seem to be trying to keep it fairly quiet until everything is confirmed, which kind of makes sense because there is no point releasing full details until the land is secured and planning is granted. There were reports a few weeks ago that they had agreed with the mayor to build it in the Expo area and that the final decision would be made by September, then they will negotiate about the land and hopefully break ground before the end of the year. It is supposed to be modeled of stadiums like Emirates or Veltins Arena, with a capacity of about 60,000-65,000. I am genuinely hopeful that it will all come together and in 4 years time we will have a new stadium, with all the financial benefits that come with it, plus a good playing surface.
    It is probably the worst football jersey I have ever seen. As Air-Aussie said, the pink isn't to everyone's taste but it has strong links to Juve's history. The red Inter shirt is like Juve having a granata away kit.

Wearing the colours of your biggest rivals in the hope of some Chinese people giving you money.......where to start with what's wrong with that. No al calcio moderno.
    As I said, it's not the pink I don't like about it, it is that big disgusting star, we'll never agree on this anyway. Lets just agree that last years Inter away was nicer and this years Juve away is nicer, it's actually very nice.

Unfortunately this is modern football and if we don't change with it we will not be sustainable, the club has been making huge losses for as long as I can remember but now they are changing that. Like it or not, modern football is a business not just a sport, to compete you need to pay high wages and to pay the wages you have to first make the money.

On the rivals colour thing, it is plain red not red and black and the red is not even the same as Milans red. Either way I don't care what it looks like if it helps the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's not a great jersey, but hardly the very worst I've seen either. It's quite plain really, are people only saying it's the worst because it's red?

Corholio wrote: »
    It's quite plain really, are people only saying it's the worst because it's red?

Yes. It's a red Inter jersey.

I don't like the Jeep logo. It looks like it's just a sticker slapped on. Other than that I like them. No sign of the goalkeepers kit yet.

534986_356735181061671_776862814_n.jpg

I don't like the Jeep logo. It looks like it's just a sticker slapped on. Other than that I like them. No sign of the goalkeepers kit yet.

534986_356735181061671_776862814_n.jpg

They should have switched them around, black Jeep on a white background for the home and just white Jeep on the away jersey. They are still nice jerseys but they would have been better like that.

They should have switched them around, black Jeep on a white background for the home and just white Jeep on the away jersey. They are still nice jerseys but they would have been better like that.

Yea that would have made them a lot nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sponsors will want their logo to stand out as much as possible though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sampdoria have signed Maxi Lopez from Catania.

The Juventus squad for the pre-season training camp.

Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Giaccherini, Marchisio, Pirlo and Giovinco have been granted extra time off.

Goalkeepers
    Leali
    Storari

Defenders
    Caceres
    De Ceglie
    Lichtsteiner
    Lucio (from 14 July)
    Masi
    Ziegler

Midfielders
    Asamoah
    Isla
    Marrone
    Padoin
    Pepe
    Vidal

Strikers
    Boakye
    Matri
    Quagliarella
    Vucinic

Youth Sector players
    Branescu
    Citti
    Rugani
    Garcia Tena Pol
    Magnusson
    Untersee
    Appelt
    Bouy
    Schiavone
    Padovan

Ziegler is somewhat surprisingly included.

Marco Motta, Felipe Melo, Pazienza, Giandonato, Krasic, Iaquinta and Martinez are unsurprisingly not included. They'll all be leaving. Estigarribia not included either. His loan has expired and Juve didn't take up the offer to sign him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Milan are rumoured to have accepted a double bid of 61 million for Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva from PSG....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Not happening, not at that price anyway.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Not happening, not at that price anyway.
    Yeah, there is no way they will sell for that price, I reckon it would take about €80-90m to get both of them.

Yeah, there is no way they will sell for that price, I reckon it would take about €80-90m to get both of them.

Aye, after rejecting €50m-ish for Thiago Silva there is no way it's happening for less than €75m anyway.

Selling those two would be suicidal. It'd want to be about €200m.

Agreed, they are the team...

Indeed and even if they did get in that type of money, it would still be extremely difficult to find replacements. Not from a financial point of view but from a quality standpoint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Quick question for Pinturicchio/Seaneh and other Milan fans out there if i may..

I have been to games in Florence and Rome but never Milan and am hoping to head to a Milan game this season. From what i see each season the Inter and Juve games sell out but no other league games. What are the chances of me getting to Milan v Juve league game this season? Is it like the Premier League where tickets go on sale three weeks or so in advance for many clubs and its first come first served..or would you have to be a member to get tickets for the Juve game?
    I've had no problems going in to Roma games or Fiorentina games when i have been on hols there but realise Milan v Juve is much more in demand. I'd only head over if i had an official ticket ready to collect as i was burned once in the past buying outside the ground in Rome (although they still let me in!).
    Thanks guys, any ideas appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

You apply for tickets on mpestero.com; they seem to go on sale a few weeks before the games, but you apply for them rather than buy outright initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

• Advertisement

What exactly does "we will save €150 million over two years" mean one wonders?

Ibra and Pocho up front. Crikey. PSG will be a lot of fun to watch. Still cannot believe this deal went through though. Serie A will be a poorer place without them

Lads over on the Liverpool forum saying Borini deal is done at 10 million.

Pablo Armero is meant to be close to signing for Juve.

Pazzini could be heading to Juve too apparently. That would be underwhelming after the Cavani/van Persie/Dzeko/Suarez rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Just a few questions regarding Milan. With the sale of Thiago Silva done and Ibrahimovic just about to leave who's coming in to replace them?

Is Acerbi Thiago Silva's replacement?

I'm guessing this would be the XI now:
    Abbiati
    Abate Mexes Acerbi Vila?
    Ambrosini
    Montolivo Nocerino
    Boateng
    Cassano Pato

I wouldn't expect much from that team at all. Juve will run away with the league imo.

• Advertisement

Milan will sign a new centre back and a few other players.
    I'd expect a striker and a left back to come in.

Acerbi was brought in as back up and he will continue to be back up, I'd say one of Dedé or Davide Astori will be signed at centre back.

As for left full, I have no iead.

Midfield is fine, I don't expect Ambrosini to start though, Traoré will play ahead of him, it won't be a diamond either, we haven't played a diamond in 4 years.

As for the rest, we are still much better up front than Juve and besides Pirlo our midfield is just as good as Juve's.

I actually expect Robinho to be sold too, which would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Michael Bradley has swapped Chievo for Roma. Good player, good buy for Roma.

Napoli have signed midfielder Valon Behrami and Alessandro Gamberini from Fiorentina. Two good signings, and a strong centre half like Gamberini is definitely needed. Behrami is a box to box type player but i'm a little worried that his injury crux will strike again. He must have been injured for half of his stint at West Ham.

A couple more defenders in the bag would great. We need to be looking at players the quality of Davide Astori of Cagliari or Palermo's Balzaretti or Mantovani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Seaneh wrote: »
    Milan will sign a new centre back and a few other players.
    I'd expect a striker and a left back to come in.

Acerbi was brought in as back up and he will continue to be back up, I'd say one of Dedé or Davide Astori will be signed at centre back.

As for left full, I have no iead.

Midfield is fine, I don't expect Ambrosini to start though, Traoré will play ahead of him, it won't be a diamond either, we haven't played a diamond in 4 years.

As for the rest, we are still much better up front than Juve and besides Pirlo our midfield is just as good as Juve's.

I actually expect Robinho to be sold too, which would be nice.

Vidal would easily get in a midfield if squads combined-easily! Juve's midfield is a fair bit better and no point being delusional about it.

Trofeo TIM is on at the moment, Inter played Juve in the first game and won with a goal from Coutinho.

I was drifting in and out of conciousness for that match. Not the most exciting stuff. Quagliarella should've done better with his chances.

Lucio is a disaster. He's been at fault for two goals in his first two matches for Juve now.

Milan v Juve up next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

If Lucio is doing stuff like that regularly this season, he can go take a hike. Hopefully he just needs some confidence in himself, otherwise he's fairly useless.

Yeah, but Lucio was just as bad last season, can't understand why Juve signed him coz he won't get much game time during the season.

I think it is Milan v Juve next, this tournament always confuses me so I might be wrong.

Young Masi who played in Lega Pro last season looks way more confident at this level than Lucio does.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trofeo_TIM#2012

Milan v Juve at 9 and Milan v Inter at 10 past 10.

I think it is Milan v Juve next, this tournament always confuses me so I might be wrong.

It's such a shot format.

That said, I really like Mattia De Sciglio, glad he is the new #2, puts a lot of faith in him!

Same old Juve, always cheating...

Shíte! Vucinic and Pepe both gone off injured.

And now Caceres too. Fúck.

Shíte! Vucinic and Pepe both gone off injured.

And now Caceres too. Fúck.

Vucinic deserved it for that ****ing dive.

Robinho will never ****ing score.

I haven't seen a replay of the dive/foul, but it looked soft on first viewing.

Edit: Just saw a replay. Looked like a dive alright.

I haven't seen a replay of the dive/foul, but it looked soft on first viewing.

Edit: Just saw a replay. Looked like a dive alright.

He wasn't touched, in fairness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement