Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Blasi now sent off for Napoli. Ten a side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I didn't realise K P Boateng has gone to Milan! Quite the step up - from playing with David Nugent to playing with Ronaldinho!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

PIPPO!!! 4-0

Prince Boateng is playing well since coming on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

flahavaj wrote: »
    I didn't realise K P Boateng has gone to Milan! Quite the step up - from playing with David Nugent to playing with Ronaldinho!:pac:

He went to Genoa, who immediately loaned him to Milan. Milan have option to buy him after a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Just too easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

The Napoli goal definitely wasn't over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Really? Must have been a bust up since its so early in the season?

Nah not really. We should have sacked him in June. He doesnt play young players, and is an old school coach. The new president asked him if he was prepared to play young lads and play good football. He said he was, but in preseason he has not convinced. Looking for 33/34+ players to bring experience. Thus the president sacked him.

Donadoni, Zola or Malesani are the favourites. Its a shame that this had to happen now, cos with the 20 million we have spent so far, we were looking to be pushing the UEFA this year, despite the fact that everyone is only talking about Genoa and Milan and their signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Does anyone know if there is going to be any Serie A roundup show on Setanta? All ESPN have is a 15min 'ESPN Kicks' show during the week :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What games are ESPN showing? Just realized I have it on Magnet

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Half time in the Bologna v Inter game, 0-0 and quite boring.

Sneijder is the only player who looks capable. It hasn't even taken a full game for Rafa to turn Inter from European champions to a team that is playing like a mid-table team. I sincerely hope it is not a sign of things to come for the rest of the season, otherwise Inter are in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Half time in the Bologna v Inter game, 0-0 and quite boring.

Sneijder is the only player who looks capable. It hasn't even taken a full game for Rafa to turn Inter from European champions to a team that is playing like a mid-table team. I sincerely hope it is not a sign of things to come for the rest of the season, otherwise Inter are in big trouble.

It hasn't even taken a full game for people to start writing Rafa off.:rolleyes:

Sneijder is the only player who looks capable.

Eh Gimenez, Mudingay? Far more capable than Sneijder on the first half's evidance.

If ever proof was needed that the Setanta commentators are clowns who seem to know little about the sport of Football, this guy just referenced his website, and it appears that he is a musician!

http://www.maxpatrick.net/

population wrote: »
    It hasn't even taken a full game for people to start writing Rafa off.:rolleyes:

No but as a Liverpool fan, aswell as an Inter fan. I've seen enough of Rafa over the years to see that his tactics won't suit Inter. Near the end of the game he took off Milito and brought on Biabiany. In the past he took off Torres when it was 0-0. Rafa is more concerned with not losing rather than winning. He is far too conservative for a man who is in charge of the best team in Italy and one of the best in Europe.

• Advertisement

Eh Gimenez, Mudingay? Far more capable than Sneijder on the first half's evidance.

Your dead right mate. Its just my Inter biased blinded me. I was really only speaking from an Inter perspective, which I know wasn't too obvious from my post. In fairness though your(i'm assuming rossoblu refers to Bologna) keeper, which Inter co-own, was without doubt man of the match.

Your dead right mate. Its just my Inter biased blinded me. I was really only speaking from an Inter perspective, which I know wasn't too obvious from my post. In fairness though your(i'm assuming rossoblu refers to Bologna) keeper, which Inter co-own, was without doubt man of the match.

Yeah Viviano was the Man of the Match on Sky Italia too. He played a blinder, as he did all last season. And yes, the irony is of course that he is half owned by Inter!

We played well this evening, considering we just sacked the coach yesterday. Very organised and good in defense. It does get a little irritating when the commentator keeps saying that we are favourites to go down, despite having had the 4th best transfer market in Serie A.

Yeah Viviano was the Man of the Match on Sky Italia too. He played a blinder, as he did all last season. And yes, the irony is of course that he is half owned by Inter!

We played well this evening, considering we just sacked the coach yesterday. Very organised and good in defense. It does get a little irritating when the commentator keeps saying that we are favourites to go down, despite having had the 4th best transfer market in Serie A.

I think Bologna will do fine this season. Before the game I knew it would be a difficult fixture for Inter, I would've taken a draw, the only thing that disappointed my was Rafa's negativity.

Don't mind what commentators say, yesterday they were saying Milan were a contender for the Scudetto, they don't have a clue really.:D

Great result for the league.

Great result for the league.

It is indeed. Even as an Interista I can see that. But nothing important is decided in August, so only time can judge. Which I know is hypocritical considering my Rafa comments in earlier posts.

I have to say I'm a little worried about Milan this season, especially if they get Robinho. Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Zlatan is quite a line up to have.

How do you think Juve will do this season, what are your expectations?

• Advertisement

Not well. I'd be happy with 4th place.

Yet another season without a proper left-back. We haven't had one since before Calciopoli.

We shouldn't have sold Diego. It means we're still relying on Del Piero for creativity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It is indeed. Even as an Interista I can see that. But nothing important is decided in August, so only time can judge. Which I know is hypocritical considering my Rafa comments in earlier posts.

I have to say I'm a little worried about Milan this season, especially if they get Robinho. Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Zlatan is quite a line up to have.

Could be brilliant, but also could be very temperamental.

Inter have shown that the tactic of "give the ball to Ibra" can win you Serie A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

flahavaj wrote: »
    Could be brilliant, but also could be very temperamental.

Who do you pick? If you play a tridente then that's one man out. I honestly believe that Robinho is one player too many for Milan. And leaving either Zlatan and Robinho out isn't going to end well, surely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Italian press reports Traore (Arsenal) to Juventus 12 months loan, with option to buy for 4.5m.

Also reported Robinho taking medical in Milan at the moment.

Huntelaar confirmed to Schalke 04.

Borriello refuses loan from Milan to Juventus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Borriello to Roma for €15 million. Paves the way for Robinho while also alleviating pressure on Adriano, Totti and Vucinic. Good move for both parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Pato, Robinho, Ibra and Ronaldinho. Hopefully we get a battle for 1st this year.

Camo and Trez gone. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

RichTea wrote: »
    Borriello to Roma for €15 million. Paves the way for Robinho while also alleviating pressure on Adriano, Totti and Vucinic. Good move for both parties.
    €15 million for what is essentially a back-up player is cracking business. Can't possibly see how Robinho, Ibra, Pato and Dinho can play in the same team though.

I have lumped on Milan for the Champions League. I think they can make the knock outs easily with that side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Milan have really stepped it up this transfer window. KP Boateng, Zlatan, Robinho, mixed in with Pato, Ronaldinho, Silva, and the old guard of Pirlo, Gatusso, Nesta and Ambrosini. Lovely mix of players there, they finally sorted out the aging squad they've had for the past 5 years it would seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

€15 million for what is essentially a back-up player is cracking business.
    It was only €10m in the end and will be paid next year, Galliani said Milan reduced the price because “President Berlusconi wanted to give a present to a club that he considers to be a friend.” I love that Italian clubs do things like this, could you imagine if this was in England, there would be no way that this would happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Yeah, Italian clubs can be really friendly like that.
    Like a few years ago when Buffon got injured pre-season against Milan so Milan loaned them Christian Abbiatti for the season rather than Juve having to buy a new keeper.

someone posted earlier in the thread about the K.P. Boetang loan situation being a way to get around the foreign player rule, well, that makes no sense, K.P. is German born, a German Citizen and plays for the homeland of his parents (Ghana) he is the brother of the new man city defender who played at the world cup for Germany. I have no idea why it happened the way it did, but it's a good signing based on what I have seen of him so far.

so excited for this season.

I think we can claim to have one of the best attacks in the world. Easily top 3. Other two being Barca and Real. Pato and Ibra with Ronnie and Robbie behind them.
    Flair, creativity, strength, vision, pace... it's just a perfect package!

this will be a benchmark season for us!

Seaneh wrote: »
    I have no idea why it happened the way it did, but it's a good signing based on what I have seen of him so far.

If Milan buy him next summer, Genoa can make a profit on him. If they don't, Genoa can keep him/sell him to someone else. Plus either way, Milan owe Genoa a favour.

If Milan buy him next summer, Genoa can make a profit on him. If they don't, Genoa can keep him/sell him to someone else. Plus either way, Milan owe Genoa a favour.

Yeah, I'd say the last sentence has a massive part in it. We gave the Khaka for free and we loaned them a Zigoni for the season too.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say the last sentence has a massive part in it. We gave the Khaka for free and we loaned them a Zigoni for the season too.

Taking Kaladze off their hands surely means Milan owe Genoa another favour! :p

Ibrahimovich making his debut now for Milan away at Cesena.

http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4c8bbeb734f51

English coms if anyone wants to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ronny having a mare so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Anyone watching Roma? WTF is going on?

• Advertisement

What happened to giving the striker the benefit of the doubt? Perfectly good Pato goal ruled out :mad:

Pato's grown a few inches this summer and looks like he's been in the gym too, very imposing!

1-0 Cesena.

I'd laugh if I didn't have money on it.

Ridiculous.

Giaccherini looks a quaity player for Cesena. He's done well tonight, providing the assist for the goal and was really impressive as well away at Roma on the opening weekend.

Cesena are my Serie A team this season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Ahhhhh I don't know which to watch!

Two nil now to Cesena. Giaccherini.

Absolutely brilliant goal on the break.

Seriously, i love these guys. They're really entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Entertaining game at Cesena. I fu**ed Milan by putting money on them at 1-0

Ibrahimovich has just missed a penalty!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Ibrahimovic:pac:

FFS, one of those nights...

Roma still losing 3-1?

I have never seen so many players slip on a dry surface in my life!

• Advertisement
Advertisement