Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Weird to see Albertazzi playing... Never thought I'd see him play for the senior team, ha.

The babies are all on now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Caceres out for months, Pepe for weeks.

Krasic is meant to be heading to Fenerbahce. The fee mentioned is €11m, which would be a great deal for Juve.

Milan are offering refunds on season tickets after a lawsuit was filed claiming people bought them assuming they'd get to see Thiago and Ibra. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Milan are offering refunds on season tickets after a lawsuit was filed claiming people bought them assuming they'd get to see Thiago and Ibra. :pac:
    That's pretty ridiculous. Unless the season tickets specifically stated "see Silva and Ibrahimovich in action", then Milan are fools refund anyone.

Only in Italy.

Krasic is meant to be heading to Fenerbahce. The fee mentioned is €11m, which would be a great deal for Juve.
    11 million for a player who hasn't kicked a ball in 12 months! Juve saw the Turks coming.

grenache wrote: »
    That's pretty ridiculous. Unless the season tickets specifically stated "see Silva and Ibrahimovich in action", then Milan are fools refund anyone.

Only in Italy.

The club dismissed the lawsuit already, they know there is no basis for it but said that if people are really that bothered they can have a refund, they can apply for it for the next week or so and only applied to people who bought their season ticket before the sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Apparentely Cavani's wife was mugged in Naples last night. Seems to be all too frequent an occurence in that City. May be the tipping point in his decision to stay or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Apparentely Cavani's wife was mugged in Naples last night. Seems to be all too frequent an occurence in that City. May be the tipping point in his decision to stay or not.

It's been happening more, people think this is due to the Camorra trying to pressure the club into giving them money again, as has happened in the past.

Ironically, when it happened to Maradona it was the Camorra who returned his stolen goods to him.

Kaka back at Milan would be interesting. I read somewhere they made a bid for Arjen Robben too.

• Advertisement

Kaka back at Milan would be interesting. I read somewhere they made a bid for Arjen Robben too.

I don't see either of those happening, but would be pleasantly surprised if they do though.

Could only see Kaka on lona giving his wages and Robben would be on fairly high wages too...

I can see Kaka going back there. It'd be the type of signing Milan have made work before (the likes of of Ronaldo, Beckham, Rivaldo) and Galliani could do with bringing back a fans' favourite after what's gone on recently.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    You would have thought by now that the club would provide security for the clubs top players and their families. Lavezzi's wife was mugged twice in the last 12 months, now he's gone. If they lose Cavani, it will set Napoli back years.

I blame the bent local politicians. There are only a few, but without their co-operation, the Camorra could not wield anywhere near as much power as they currently do.

Without the Camorra, Napoli would be the most beautiful city in all of Europe.

http://www.football-italia.net/21584/betting-scandal-charges
    In the current phase of the trial, the charges are as follows.

Clubs charged with direct responsibility: Lecce and Grosseto

Clubs charged with indirect responsibility: Udinese, Bari, Bologna, Portogruaro, Sampdoria, Siena, Ancona, Novara, Torino, Varese and Albinoleffe

Individuals charged with sporting fraud: Andrea Masiello, Salvatore Masiello, Nicola Belmonte, Alessandro Parisi, Leonardo Bonucci, Antonio Bellavista, Stefano Guberti, Marco Rossi, Filippo Carobbio, Daniele Padelli, Cristian Stellini (ex-Siena assistant manager), Giuseppe Vives, Pierandrea Semeraro (Lecce President), Piero Camilli (Grosseto President), Carlo Gervasoni, Mario Cassano, Edoardo Catinali, Cristian Bertani, Davide Drascek, Mavillo Gheller, Marcelo Larrondo, Roberto Vitiello, Alessandro Pellicori, Emanuele Pesoli, Ruben Garlini, Davide Bombardini, Dario Passoni, Luigi Sala, Mirko Poloni, Fernando Coppola, Claudio Terzi

Individuals charged with failing to report an attempted sporting fraud: Simone Pepe, Guido Angelozzi (former Bari director of sport), Simone Bentivoglio, Marco Di Vaio, Angelo Da Costa Junior, Antonio Conte (ex-Siena Coach), Angelo Alessio (ex-Siena assistant manager), Marco Savorani (ex-Siena goalkeeping coach), Marcello Sanfelice (Bologna team manager), Bortolo Mutti (ex-Bari Coach) and Giorgio D’Urbano (ex-Siena fitness coach)

Individuals charged with violating Article 1 on sporting fraud: Marco Esposito

Even though the club aren't involved, this could have huge consequences for Juventus. Conte getting a suspension would be absolutely disastrous and there have been reports that Bonucci could face up to three years suspended if found guilty. I have to admit that I haven't been following this case that closely because none of the big clubs were directly involved, but it's definitely worrying me now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I don't think Conte will have too much to worry about to be honest, so long as he cooperates fully he should get off with a slap on the wrists. Bonucci on the other hand seems to be in a lot more trouble, if he is found guilty he should get a lengthy ban alright because they are basically saying he helped to fix matches.

The fixtures are out, week 2 looks good with Inter-Roma and Udinese-Juve. Milan-Inter weeks 7 and Juve-Inter week 11, so we play both at home in the 2nd half of the season, and Udinese-Inter week 19, tough game to finish the season and could be important for the european spots. Only a month to go now, I can't wait.

It's hard to see all this being wrapped up in time for the season to start, isn't it? Unless we have another kangaroo court situation like in 2006. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It definitely won't be finished by the start of the season, they are still investigating other teams and won't be done until September, so I would imagine it will go on for a long while yet. I wouldn't be surprised if this is still going on at Christmas tbh, are these criminal trials or just sporting?

Sporting, as far as I know. I really haven't been following it before today. I assume it's sporting because the only sentences being mentioned are bans from football.

To be honest, I think it's criminal...

No idea why but the whole people being arrested and houses being raided thing kinda makes me think it couldn't be a sporting trial, as it would need authority to execute those warrants.

That's what I was thinking myself, but if they are found guilty there will surely have to be criminal charges brought against them too, there was huge amounts money made and a lot of people who are not directly involved in the sport were making money from it. I don't know though, I've only been glancing at the reports myself because Inter aren't involved, neither are Juve it is just that Conte and Bonucci moved there after it happened. I'll have to read up on it a bit more over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

What will it be for the teams with direct responsibilty? relegation or points deduction?

• Advertisement

The only two who have been charged with direct responsibility are Lecce and Grosseto, and they face possible relegation, how far I don't know, but neither are in Serie A now anyway.

Pogba in Turin for a medical.

1bbeda56-d040-4d6f-ad05-c1e048323978.jpg

First Rome derby is on the exact day that Gabriele Sandri was murdered, 5 years ago.

Should be some emotional day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

grenache wrote: »
    You would have thought by now that the club would provide security for the clubs top players and their families. Lavezzi's wife was mugged twice in the last 12 months, now he's gone. If they lose Cavani, it will set Napoli back years.

I blame the bent local politicians. There are only a few, but without their co-operation, the Camorra could not wield anywhere near as much power as they currently do.

Without the Camorra, Napoli would be the most beautiful city in all of Europe.

I still think despite everything that Naples is a must see for everybody. It is stunning. Back to the point though, Lavezzi's girlfriend made a lot of noise about how he would leave after her mugging. Now at the time people kind of shrugged their shoulders but he did leave. Not to say that the offer from Paris wasn't too good to turn down regardless, but if it did play a role in his decision making process and it is playing on Cavani's mind after both a break in at his old place, and now this, well it would be simply horrendous for the club. It would just mark the club out as a no go area for decent pros who know they can pick up a contract easily elsewhere.

One thing to remember though is the fact that Liverpool players were getting their houses broken into every time they went away for Champions League fixtures, so organised crime that targets footballers can be found in other cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Seaneh, is Didac Vila (I think that's the spelling) staying at AC this season?

G.K. wrote: »
    Seaneh, is Didac Vila (I think that's the spelling) staying at AC this season?

No, the iodots are loaning him to Valencia.

He's such a good left full, cannot understand it at all.

€800,000 for the loan and then a mandatory €4,200,000 transfer if he plays x amount of games by all accounts.

And yet we are keeping that plonker Taiwo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The mind boggles.

Lu0TX.jpg

So the plea bargain that Conte had negotiated with the prosecutor was rejected by the court today, it seems they are looking for a harsher punishment and he may be offered a 4 month ban and fine. I can't see how they can justify it really, there is only one player testifying against him and the others he said where there are all saying the opposite, unless there is more evidence against him I reckon he should go to court, where he should get off.

• Advertisement

Inter last night announced that China Railway Construction Corporation is to become the clubs 2nd biggest shareholder, with the Moratti family keeping control of the club, and that they started a joint effort for the construction of a new stadium expected to be completed by 2017. This is excellent news for the club, not only is the new stadium project officially confirmed but they will make a big push on the Asian market to help improve revenue generated from the region. This should be a huge deal for the club with regard to helping the club become self sustainable and comply with the FFP regulations.

Also, Ranocchia has been called up for questioning in the betting scandal and will be questioned tomorrow morning, meaning he will miss the EL qualifying match with Hajduk Split tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A railway company buying a football club?

You have to laugh.

A railway company buying a football club?

You have to laugh.

They are a construction company, one of the biggest in the world, and are state owned in China. They don't just build railways, they are involved in all areas of construction. They also haven't bought the club, they own a percentage of the club and for that they have paid plus they are building a new stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

dor83 wrote: »
    They are a construction company, one of the biggest in the world, and are state owned in China. They don't just build railways, they are involved in all areas of construction. They also haven't bought the club, they own a percentage of the club and for that they have paid plus they are building a new stadium.

I think the construction company doesn't hold any shares.

This is what I read in Inter forum
    The 15% stake in Inter is owned by a group called the 'China Rail Investment Group'. Its a deliberately misleading name. Its a group of investors - one of whom is QSL Sports Limited, another of whom is CR15g (but they probably get a small stake and put in no money, its most likely just a PR stunt).... Its not 'directly' CRCC to any stretch of the imagination

Sort of confusing but from what I understood,
    China Rail investment group ownn 15%
    CRCC are involved in only building the stadium

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think the construction company doesn't hold any shares.

This is what I read in Inter forum

Sort of confusing but from what I understood,
    China Rail investment group ownn 15%
    CRCC are involved in only building the stadium

It is still very unclear what exactly the deal is because it hasn't actually happened yet, just an agreement has been reached, so there is still a lot of speculation about it, Sky Italia were reporting they were paying €200m for what will eventually become 25%, GDS were reporting €55m+ new stadium for what will eventually become 40%. All that we know is that they will become the 2nd highest shareholders after the Morattil family, so it will have to be more than 15% as that is the current 2nd highest. We won't know for certain until it all actually happens and the stock exchange confirm it, when it should be a little clearer.

Yey, inter can feck off across the road an Milan can buy the San Siro feom the council and upgrade it and have a proper income stream.

Everyone wins... but mostly Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yey, inter can feck off across the road an Milan can buy the San Siro feom the council and upgrade it and have a proper income stream.

Inter and Milan wanted to buy but they didn't sell as they would lose out around 80M (?) per year isn't it. Why will they sell it to Milan then?

Hopefully they do though.

Inter and Milan wanted to buy but they didn't sell as they would lose out around 80M (?) per year isn't it. Why will they sell it to Milan then?

If they dont sell Milan will just build their own ground and then the city is left with a big useless empty stadium.

They will be losing about half of that because Inter are moving so it would reduce their bargaining power with Milan, Milan could just threaten to move to a new stadium and they would then be left with a stadium doing almost nothing. To be honest I'm happy that Inter are getting a new stadium because it would be way too much work involved in renovating San Siro. I love the stadium but moving is best for the club long term.

• Advertisement

Line-ups for Hajduk Split v Inter tominght are:

Hajduk Split: 1 Blazevic; 6 Vrsajevic, 22 Maloca, 5 Milovic, 17 Jozinovic; 7 Andrijasevic, 14 Radosevic; 11 Oremus, 18 Caktas, 20 Ozobic; 13 Vukusic
    Bench:4 Milic, 9 Maglica, 16 Lustica, 19 Vugdelida, 24 Vukovic, 27 Jonjic, 29 Tomas

Inter: 1 Handanovic; 4 Zanetti, 6 Silvestre, 26 Chivu, 55 Nagatomo; 14 Guarin, 19 Cambiasso, 42 Jonathan; 8 Palacio, 10 Sneijder; 22 Milito
    Bench:12 Castellazzi, 7 Coutinho, 16 Mudingayi, 24 Benassi, 25 Samuel, 33 Mbaye, 88 Livaja

I really can't understand that line-up from Inter, Coutinho should be starting instead of Jonathan or Naga and Samuel over Chivu too.

Dadic Vila failed a medical with Valencia and will join Milan's senior squad.
    this makes me happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

this makes me happy.

yeah, but failing a medical? this can't be that good!

edson wrote: »
    this makes me happy.

Small laison in right thigh. Requires minor surgery. Be out for 3 months tops. Nothing major. Was only picked up on an mri.
    Better than losing our best left full.

edson wrote: »
    this makes me happy.

Small laison in right thigh. Requires minor surgery. Be out for 3 months tops. Nothing major. Was only picked up on an mri.
    Better than losing our best left full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Reports in Italy saying that Conte has been banned for 10 months. I know this is Goal so not sure if it should be believed!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/08/10/3298034/breaking-news-conte-handed-10-month-ban-in-scommessopoli

Terrible news for Juve if this is true. Even if they appeal this, I can't see them winning it.

• Advertisement

It is official. I honestly can't understand how they can ban him if what I have read about the case is accurate, as far as I know it is one former player saying he told the dressing room that a game was fixed before the game, but every other player present at the meeting is backing Conte's story. If this is true how can they ban him? Does anyone have a bit more info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Hi,
    anyone knows if Juve-Napoli (Italian Supercup final held in Bejing) will be shown today? It starts at 1pm GMT I believe and I checked the Sky Sport Channels but couldn't find it :(

As far as I know it is not being shown on TV here, Setanta and ESPN usually show Italian football but neither are showing it.

It has just kicked off, line-ups are:

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Lucio; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Matri, Giovinco
    Bench: Storari, Marrone, De Ceglie, Padoin, Giaccherini, Vucinic, Quagliarella

Napoli: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Britos; Maggio, Behrami, Inler, Hamsik, Zuniga; Pandev, Cavani
    Bench: Rosati, Aronica, Fernandez, Dossena, Gargano, Insigne,Vargas

1-0 Napoli, poor defending from Juve without a single outfield player in their own half and Cavani gets put through. Juve have been the better side so far though.

EDIT: 1-1 now, Asamoah with a nice volley.

EDIT: 2-1 Napoli, Pandev with a really nice finish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement