Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

#15 wrote: »
    Ibrahimovic:pac:

Does anybody rate him? I really dont. Since his time at Juve, he has to be one of the most overrated players. Showed up big time last season at Barca. And then they bought Robinho, another overrated player. And then the coach says he may well play all 4 big strikers at once. Well playing 3 of them didnt seem to work, even against a small team like Cesenamerda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Does anybody rate him?
    I do.
    Since his time at Juve, he has to be one of the most overrated players.
    25 goals in 35 league games for Inter.
    Showed up big time last season at Barca.
    He didn't play well last season. Barca's style of play doesn't suit his, but he did manage 21 goals in 41 appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

The lack of atmosphere in this Brescia - Palermo game is making it very hard to watch, plus the Setanta commentators really makes me want to switch off. Other than that there has been a couple good chances for Palermo to make it 1-1.

Pastore makes it 1-1, have to say it was coming. Pastore and Cavani are 2 little gems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

MOG7 wrote: »
    The lack of atmosphere in this Brescia - Palermo game is making it very hard to watch, plus the Setanta commentators really makes me want to switch off. Other than that there has been a couple good chances for Palermo to make it 1-1.

Try watching it on ESPN then It's freeview for this match, i think.

2-1 to Brecia now. Eder.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Try watching it on ESPN then It's freeview for this match, i think.

They seem to have fixed it, it must have been something wrong with there sound, sounds a lot better now.

2-1 now to Brescia, Palermo caught on the break badly.

Penalty for Brescia.

3-1

poor defending to give away the penalty.

The second half is going to be brilliant.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Penalty for Brescia.

3-1

poor defending to give away the penalty.

The second half is going to be brilliant.

Yeah, it's set up nicely now.

Kasami looks a thread going forward for Palermo, despite his antics of clutching his face (what was that about?? :rolleyes:).

If Palermo are to get back into this, it looks like he could be heavily involved in any comeback.

Balzaretti pulls one back with eight minutes to go to make it 3-2

• Advertisement

Brilliant save from Sereni from Pastore's shot in injury time. Vital!

Final score. Brescia 3-2 Palermo.

A lot of upsets so far this season.

I see Samp getting at least a draw against Juve today. Whether that would be an upset these days is debatle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Good call!

More diabolical defending by Juve. Motta was absolutely destroyed by Cassano.

Krasic, Quagliarella and Pepe are starting to play well together but the defence really needs to improve.

http://www.alessandrodelpiero.com/en/news/12040

Seventeen good reasons

17 years have passed since my debut in seria A in Juventus jersey.
    Here are 17 reasons to celebrate this “birthday”, 17 reasons (chosen from a thousand others) that make it worth being part of this long history.

17) To put on a black and white jersey fir the first time, a real one and not the one bought at the market stall...

16) To put it on for the second, third, fourth, six hundred thirty seventh time and...

15)To listen to the fans cheering :"I'll never get tired of you, I'll be always by your side, you are the most beautiful thing that exsists… Alessandro Del Piero olè" (the music of “La Stangata” soundtrack, words written by the Juventus die-hard supporters).

14) For the anger, for tears. After a defeat, after an injury. After "the injury": the 8th of November 1998. It has changed me, it has improved me.

13) To experienced in the first person the following conversation: "Good morning Alessandro, how are you? Are you awake?". "No. To tell you the truth I was sleeping". "Good, then it's time for you to wake up." It was six o'clock in the morning and the person who called was Avvocato.

12) To follow with my eyes the long distance kick from Alessandro Orlando, then, stop watching it and instinctively go for it kick it with my right foot and place it under seven o'clock position, over the goal keeper: the 4th of December 1994, from 0-2 to 3-2, with my goal that triggered the recovery.

11) To score the goal that was worth the Champions of the World for football club title: the 26th of November 1996, in Tokyo, 1-0, at the 82nd minute against RiverPlate.

10) For my jersey. I earned it hard. I've never left it. My name is on it, only mine, since the time named jerseys exsist... I came at the right moment!

9) To play with Antonio, Gianluca, Roberto, Moreno, Fabrizio, Michelangelo, Ciro, Angelo, Giancarlo, Andrea, Dino, Sergio, Jurgen, Paulo, Didier, Zinedine, Filippo, David, Nicola, Massimo, Alessio, Luca, Vladimir, Attilio, Pietro, Christian, Alen, Raffaele, Michele, Edgar, Fabio, Zlatan, Puma, Patrick, Manuel, Mauro, Marcelo, Mark, Igor, Lilian, Gigi, Pavel, Paolo, Stephen, Claudio, Jonathan, Emanuele, Giorgio, Diego, Ama, Cristiano, Alexander, Hasan, Zdenek, Vincenzo, Cristian, Momo, Sebastian, Alberto, Simone and all the others...

8) For the 5th of May 2002.

7) For 29 scudetti.

6) For all the Cups.

5) To score the goal number 200 with Juventus. To score it against Frosinone. And to be proud to have scored against Frosinone in serie B.

4) For Gaetano Scirea, for all he means, for Juventus and for those who love football.

3) For Giampiero Boniperti, for what he represents, for Juventus and for me.

2) For the reason of never forgetting my roots. And thanks to whom I got to this point.

1) For the yesterday and today Juventus. Above all for the Juventus of tomorrow.

Alessandro

9) To play with Antonio, Gianluca, Roberto, Moreno, Fabrizio, Michelangelo, Ciro, Angelo, Giancarlo, Andrea, Dino, Sergio, Jurgen, Paulo, Didier, Zinedine, Filippo, David, Nicola, Massimo, Alessio, Luca, Vladimir, Attilio, Pietro, Christian, Alen, Raffaele, Michele, Edgar, Fabio, Zlatan, Puma, Patrick, Manuel, Mauro, Marcelo, Mark, Igor, Lilian, Gigi, Pavel, Paolo, Stephen, Claudio, Jonathan, Emanuele, Giorgio, Diego, Ama, Cristiano, Alexander, Hasan, Zdenek, Vincenzo, Cristian, Momo, Sebastian, Alberto, Simone and all the others...

I think they are...

Conte, Pessotto, Baggio, Torricelli, Ravenelli, Rampulla, Ferrara, Di Livio, Marocchi, Fortunato, Baggio, Almiron, Kohler, Di Canio, Deschamps, Zidane, Inzaghi, Trezegol, Amoruso, Carrera, Tacchinardi, Vialli, Jugovic, Lombardo, Vierchowod, Vieri, Boksic, Palladino, Padovano, Davids, Cannavaro, Ibrahimovic, Emerson, Vieira, Blasi, Camoranesi, Zalayeta, Iuliano, Tudor, Thuram, Buffon, Nedved, Montero, Appiah, Marchisio, Zebina, Belardi, Chiellini, Diego, Amauri, Zanetti, Manninger, Salihamidzic, Grygera, Iaquinta, Molinaro, Sissoko, Giovinco, Aquilani, Pepe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think they are...

Conte, Pessotto, Baggio, Torricelli, Ravenelli, Rampulla, Ferrara, Di Livio, Marocchi, Fortunato, Baggio, Almiron, Kohler, Di Canio, Deschamps, Zidane, Inzaghi, Trezegol, Amoruso, Carrera, Tacchinardi, Vialli, Jugovic, Lombardo, Vierchowod, Vieri, Boksic, Palladino, Padovano, Davids, Cannavaro, Ibrahimovic, Emerson, Vieira, Blasi, Camoranesi, Zalayeta, Iuliano, Tudor, Thuram, Buffon, Nedved, Montero, Appiah, Marchisio, Zebina, Belardi, Chiellini, Diego, Amauri, Zanetti, Manninger, Salihamidzic, Grygera, Iaquinta, Molinaro, Sissoko, Giovinco, Aquilani, Pepe.

half the players in your list are in the original list :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    half the players in your list are in the original list :P
    The original list is their first names.
    xtal191 wrote: »

That's weird.

The original list is their first names.

That's weird.

It was a (bad) joke!

Anyone know what channel is showing the Milan match this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Anyone know what channel is showing the Milan match this evening?
    ESPN are showing it, and will also be showing their match against Lazio on Wednesday.

hmmm, might try find a pub in town that will show it...

Milan: Abbiati, Bonera, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Boateng, Pirlo, Seedorf; Ronaldinho, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic

Catania: Andujar; Potenza, Silvestre, Spolli, Capuano; Carboni; Mascara, Izco, Biagianti, Ricchiuti; Lopez

• Advertisement

Of all the people in the world to be in that position you'd put your house on Inzaghi to score, how did he miss?!?!

Well... That was a bit special.
    Bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

What a Fuc*king goal!!!!

Take Seedorf or Prince off and bring on a Gattauso, Ambrosisni or Flamini NOW, so exposed at the back!

Thank feck for that!

• Advertisement

Thank feck for that!

On first glance he looked about 5yards offside. Great spot from Ronaldinho, and a typical Inzaghi finish.

Bukman13 wrote: »
    On first glance he looked about 5yards offside. Great spot from Ronaldinho, and a typical Inzagai finish.

Yeah but in the replay it shows he was just inline with the last man. Very good ball from Ronnie.

Yea, I know he was onside, I was just saying he looked a mile offside.

Milan have been woeful, same as last week... The front 3 offering no help in defense, they need to up their workload when not in possession.

Yea, I know he was onside, I was just saying he looked a mile offside.

Milan have been woeful, same as last week... The front 3 offering no help in defense, they need to up their workload when not in possession.

The main problem is with KP, Pirlo and Seedorf in midfeild you have no-one who will sit and the defenders get too exposed. The 3 attackers shouldn't have to worry about defending and tracking back as it's not their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Nearly Seedorf.

The main problem is with KP, Pirlo and Seedorf in midfeild you have no-one who will sit and the defenders get too exposed.

Pirlo is the one sitting back, only problem is he hasn't got the legs to play there.
    The 3 attackers shouldn't have to worry about defending and tracking back as it's not their job.

Who's job is it to track the two fullbacks then?

If you think this is bad, just wait until they try and accomodate Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Ibrahimovic in the one team!

Pirlo is the one sitting back, only problem is he hasn't got the legs to play there.

Who's job is it to track the two fullbacks then?

We are playing with 2 strikers and an AMC, I'd suggest the midfielders and the fullbacks should be pressing them. Pirlo isn't and doesn't sit. He plays deep but he doesn't play defensively.

If you think this is bad, just wait until they try and accomodate Pato, Robinho, Ronaldinho and Ibrahimovic in the one team!

If it meant that they played 2 of Gattauso, Ambrosini and Flamini in centre mid, it might actually work better than this formation!

If it meant that they played 2 of Gattauso, Ambrosini and Flamini in centre mid, it might actually work better than this formation!
    Not sure the Milan full backs are good enough to be completely exposed like that.

• Advertisement

Not sure the Milan full backs are good enough to be completely exposed like that.

I honestly think they'd be a lot LESS exposed. Ambrosini and Gattuaso could do as they used to do for Carlo's teams.

When a fullback goes forward one of them drops back into that position and the other stays sitting just infront of the two center backs.

Right now we have two less than speedy fullbacks with no holding midfielders to cover them!

If it had my way I'd have Bonera off for Abate and Seedorf off for Gattauso.

Robinho injured or something?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

At least it's not just Roma having a tough time this season.

Great strike by Capuano and a great pass by Dinho.

Milan, Roma and Juve all looking crap so far. Milan less so than the other two though.

Zanetti: 'I'm fine now'

Sunday 19 September, 2010

Inter captain Javier Zanetti reassured fans after he went to hospital with chest pains. “It hurt, but I couldn’t stop, as we were winning.”

The veteran collapsed on his way back to the locker room after the 2-1 victory in Palermo this afternoon. There were even reports of a heart problem.

“I got hit by the ball in my stomach, but I couldn’t stop despite the terrible pain, as we were winning,” he told Inter Channel.

“When I got back to the locker room, I felt as if my thorax was blocked, so I called Doctor Combi and we went to the hospital for a few precautionary check-ups.

“I want to reassure everyone, I am fine and very happy for the victory that Inter deserved already in the first half, when we created many scoring opportunities and were unlucky to go a goal down.

“After the break, with character and good football, we fully earned the three points.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Inter jammy gits yesterday. Had those penalty shouts been for Inter you can guarantee they wouldn't all have been turned down. Palermo forward line looks very good.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only watched the 2nd half of last nights match.

But anyway, very impressive turnaround from Napoli especially taking in the fact they had 10 mins on the clock left and more amazingly, they were the 1st side to beat doria at home in well over a year and a bit.

Thought they were dead and buried once Cassano put Sampdoria in front. But Hamsik's goal was so cleverly done and finished well.

Foolishly(in hindsight) had money on 'doria to win too just to add :o

But anyway, very impressive turnaround from Napoli especially taking in the fact they had 10 mins on the clock left and more amazingly, they were the 1st side to beat doria at home in well over a year and a bit.

This year's Doria are a very different proposition to last year's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Inter jammy gits yesterday. Had those penalty shouts been for Inter you can guarantee they wouldn't all have been turned down. Palermo forward line looks very good.

Inter were by far the better team, only one of the penalty shouts had any chance of being a peno and at that it was 50-50. I'd hardly call them jammy gits, more like champions coming back from a goal down to win 2-1 at the Barbera, not many teams will win away to Palermo.

• Advertisement

Only watched the 2nd half of last nights match.

Thought they were dead and buried once Cassano put Sampdoria in front. But Hamsik's goal was so cleverly done and finished well.

Foolishly(in hindsight) had money on 'doria to win too just to add :o

Napoli's gonna be really tough opposition for Liverpool in the Europa League.

Advertisement