Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

eZe^ wrote: »
    Jesus Christ! I've never seen a player reveal that they said something like that on the pitch.

"Either make them run or take me off". hahahahah :p

The reason Milito was taken off for Muntari:

I don't think Benitez will last the season.

That's typical of Chivu. It really is. He, like so many others who have left Roma (Mancini for example) have failed to replicate their form at their new clubs. Milos Krasic could do terrible things against him when Derby d'Italia swings around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

RichTea wrote: »
    That's typical of Chivu. It really is. He, like so many others who have left Roma (Mancini for example) have failed to replicate their form at their new clubs. Milos Krasic could do terrible things against him when Derby d'Italia swings around.

I honestly don't blame him, did you watch the match? He was left stranded 2 on 1 more times than I can count, the Inter forwards were lazy as sin, did absolutely nothing. He is playing out of position and doing a very good job but he doesn't have the pace of technique to play as a left full and as soon as Santon is fit I can see Chivu being moved to back into center back and also being used as cover for the DM slots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Krasic!

Krasic really is carrying Juve at the moment. They look so terrible in defence but he has them looking unstoppable going forward. If they can somehow get the back-four together then La Signora Vecchia might be looking at another scudetto.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Krasic!

*tries to remind himself he isn't jealous of Juve for having Krasic :p*

Heard about his hat trick will have to check it out later.

Much needed win and points. The team looks better going forward but Del Neri has some serious work to do sorting out their defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I see Aquilani started his first game since the move. How did he play ?

Opr

RichTea wrote: »
    Krasic really is carrying Juve at the moment. They look so terrible in defence but he has them looking unstoppable going forward. If they can somehow get the back-four together then La Signora Vecchia might be looking at another scudetto.
    I wouldn't go that far but I'm optimistic we'll achieve our aim of CL qualification. It's La Vecchia Signora by the way.
    *tries to remind himself he isn't jealous of Juve for having Krasic :p*

Heard about his hat trick will have to check it out later.

Much needed win and points. The team looks better going forward but Del Neri has some serious work to do sorting out their defense.

opr wrote: »
    I see Aquilani started his first game since the move. How did he play ?

Opr
    He was pretty good. Kept the ball well and got forward to support the strikers.

I wouldn't go that far but I'm optimistic we'll achieve our aim of CL qualification. It's La Vecchia Signora by the way.

He was pretty good. Kept the ball well and got forward to support the strikers.

my bad on that. ALWAYS bloody do it! My Juve supporting friends are always giving me grief about it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

A cracker, all right!

The big one is tomorrow (today technically)!

It'll take a huge performance by Juve to get anything out of the match. I wish Del Piero hadn't played 90 minutes in Manchester. He should've been saved for this match.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Pastore justs scored a right beauty a little earlier for Palermo. Illicic <3 scored as well. 2-0 to the away side as well.

Lazio 1 up on Brescia too.

Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Cordoba, Chivu; Stankovic, Cambiasso; Biabiany, Sneijder, Coutinho; Eto’o
    Inter bench: Castellazzi, Mariga, Obi, Milito, Materazzi, Mancini, Santon

Juventus: Storari; Grygera, Bonucci, Chiellini, De Ceglie; Krasic, Felipe Melo, Aquilani, Marchisio; Iaquinta, Quagliarella
    Juventus bench: Manninger, Motta, Sissoko, Del Piero, Pepe, Martinez, Legrottaglie

Marchisio on the left and no Del Piero. Great.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Can't believe Lazio are top after the season they had last year. Hernanes has been a revelation there, Its pretty sick Milan were in for him and declined and went for Robinho instead. He's very much like Kaka at his prime in how he glides by players with such ease in midfield. Only surprise is that it's taken him until 25 before he came to Europe! Still think it's a false position for Lazio and they'll do well to make the Europa league spots IMO.

Napoli wheras I see challanging for a top 3 place, the signings they've made have been very estute and strenghtend areas that really needed it!

According to Corriere agreed at €30m, €20m of which was paid up front last evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Big, big signing - Juve are building a fantastic team

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Italian giants Juventus have signed striker Edin Dzeko from Steve McClaren's Wolfburg in a €30 million swap deal, according to reports in Il Corriere dello Sport.

Mali international and ex-Liverpool player Mohammed Sissoko will sign for Wolfsburg as part of the deal.

Juventus will then pay Wolfsburg a further €10 million, and write off the €10 million the German team owe them for Diego.

Dzeko will officially become a Juventus player in June 2011.

The Bosnian international, who has scored 65 goals in the last two seasons for Wolfsburg, had been consistently linked with Manchester City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

According to Corriere agreed at €30m, €20m of which was paid up front last evening.
    Great news for Juventus, no more Del Piero who has just not been at the races for the last few years. Dzeko, Diego and Krasic gives Juve perhaps one of the most underrated attacking line-ups in Europe now. Melo is still a huge weak link in the team for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭the_one_&_only

Great news for Juventus, no more Del Piero who has just not been at the races for the last few years. Dzeko, Diego and Krasic gives Juve perhaps one of the most underrated attacking line-ups in Europe now. Melo is still a huge weak link in the team for me though.

Did Diego not go back to Bremen in the summer???

Did Diego not go back to Bremen in the summer???

Wolfsburg! He's been awful for a couple of years now.

• Advertisement

Do you watch Juventus at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Sexual goal from Pato against Chievo. Live on Setanta right now.

another for pato, milan looking irresistable going forward, the defence is a bit all over the place though, chievo have had a couple of chances

Good performance by Juve today. The midfield and attack is coming together nicely now. The defence still needs to gel. Hopefully that'll be helped by Buffon returning from injury to organise things back there.

Krasic was great again today. Melo was great too, nice to see him get on the scoresheet with a cheeky penalty.

Lovely goal by Aquilani. He was fairly quiet apart from that though.

Good cameo by Del Piero at the end too.

It was 4-3-3 when we were attacking. It sometimes looked more like 4-4-2 when we didn't have the ball. It worked well.
    Storari

Grygera - Bonucci - Chiellini - De Ceglie

Aquilani - Melo - Marchisio

Krasic - Amauri - Quagliarella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well done Samuel Eto'o.

The Cagliari - Inter game was stopped for 5 minutes because of racist chanting and abuse aimed at Eto'o, and there was an announcement that the game would be abandoned unless it stopped.

Eto'o went on to score the winner in a 1-0 win for Inter. Fantastic response.

He looks as important for Inter this season as Zlatan was in his last season at Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Archimedes wrote: »
    Well done Samuel Eto'o.

The Cagliari - Inter game was stopped for 5 minutes because of racist chanting and abuse aimed at Eto'o, and there was an announcement that the game would be abandoned unless it stopped.

Eto'o went on to score the winner in a 1-0 win for Inter. Fantastic response.

Fair play to the ref too for actually stopping the game. It's obviously what should always happen, but many referees would probably try to avoid the issue and ignore it.

He looks as important for Inter this season as Zlatan was every season he was in Italy.

FYP.

Seaneh wrote: »
    FYP.

True. Well, except his second season at Juve when he was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Great to see Krasic get a 2 match ban for diving. A disgraceful attempt to get Juventus a penno, as if they need more help. It seems Krasic is more like Nedved that people think.

• Advertisement

It was definitely a dive, but how come you get a two game ban if the referee misses it during the match? If the ref had seen it, it would only be a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

It was definitely a dive, but how come you get a two game ban if the referee misses it during the match? If the ref had seen it, it would only be a yellow.

Good point tbh. I don't understand the retrospective punishments really.

Cos he tricked the ref, and it was underhanded etc. And he is a Juventus player, who are well known to have favours done for many a year. He had the chance to own up, and tell the ref that Portanova didnt touch him. But he didnt. I suppose they have to show that the retrospective punishment is going to be severe, so that the players should own up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

No talk of the Napoli - Milan game?

What a bloody cracking match! It's the first time in a long time I've sat down for more than 10 minutes of an Italian game, but wow was it worth it. Napoli were very unlucky not to come away with something. As for Lavezzi's goal........holy dog sh1t batman!

Cos he tricked the ref, and it was underhanded etc. And he is a Juventus player, who are well known to have favours done for many a year. He had the chance to own up, and tell the ref that Portanova didnt touch him. But he didnt. I suppose they have to show that the retrospective punishment is going to be severe, so that the players should own up.
    :rolleyes: Is that the reason Ivica Iliev was given a 3 match ban for winning a penalty penalty for Messina against Ascoli? The reason Adriano was given a 2 match ban for winning a penalty for Inter? The reason Zalayeta was given a 2 match ban for winning a penalty for Napoli against Juve?

What you're suggesting is that clubs should be treating differently, which is exactly what you're complaining about.

No player is ever going to own up btw.

Iaquinta is a donkey for missing the penalty. Melo, who scored one already this season, should've taken it.
    Fizman wrote: »
    No talk of the Napoli - Milan game?

What a bloody cracking match! It's the first time in a long time I've sat down for more than 10 minutes of an Italian game, but wow was it worth it. Napoli were very unlucky not to come away with something. As for Lavezzi's goal........holy dog sh1t batman!
    Napoli matches tend to be like that. Those Neapolitans and their crazy 3-4-3. :D

Genoa really are unbelievable suck ups to the two Milanese clubs.
    Genoa slam Milito Ballon d'Or snub

Diego Milito was sensationally dropped from the Ballon d’Or long-list and former club Genoa rushed to his aid. “Injustice is served!”

The Inter striker scored the decisive goals in the Champions League Final, Coppa Italia Final and game that secured the Scudetto in their Treble campaign, but is not even on the list of 23 top players.

“Injustice is served!” blasted a statement on the website of his former club Genoa.

“Milito was not included in the list of 23 candidates for the Ballon d’Or, the award that France Football gives every year based on votes by journalists.

“It is a serious snub, if we think of the role ‘Il Principe di Bernal’ played in the Nerazzurri’s conquest of the Scudetto and above all the Champions League.

“His role is certified and that’s not even counting the number of shots denied by goalkeepers.

“The only possible excuse for this exclusion, and it’s not a good enough one to explain it, is that he spent the World Cup watching from the bench.”

Curiously, the official Inter website made no mention of Milito’s absence when listing candidates Wesley Sneijder, Samuel Eto’o, Julio Cesar and Douglas Maicon.

Genoa really are unbelievable suck ups to the two Milanese clubs.

They just know their place :pac:

:rolleyes: Is that the reason Ivica Iliev was given a 3 match ban for winning a penalty penalty for Messina against Ascoli? The reason Adriano was given a 2 match ban for winning a penalty for Inter? The reason Zalayeta was given a 2 match ban for winning a penalty for Napoli against Juve?

What you're suggesting is that clubs should be treating differently, which is exactly what you're complaining about.

No player is ever going to own up btw.

All true. You are correct. I am just a wee bit sensitive about Juve and their past behavoir at the Dall'Ara. We got relegated thanks to Moggi, and feel hard done by in general around Juve. So I am very happy with the outcome of the whole Krasic affair. But if a Bologna player dives, he deserves a ban also.

These early kick off's in Italy are awful. Was looking forward to seeing the clash of the best two players in Serie A this year Pastore and Hernanes but they've both been rubbish!

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of these early kick offs either. I'm yet to wake up in time for the start of one of them. :pac:

This weekends results were very unpredictable. Milan got a good away win at Bari but again we looked very shakey on the counter a few times. Inter were terrible. I can't see Rafa lasting too much longer, has them playing crap football and they have gone from a solid, united team who don't make mistakes to a collection of 11 "me's" who looks very suspect at times.

I agree about Rafa. I really can't see him lasting. Inter are only getting worse.

Before anyone says it, I know they have lots of injuries.

Europe's biggest derby this weekend. Is it the only one featuring past Champions of Europe?

Milan missing Pato and Pippo out gives Inter an advantage. But Inter have reverted to type under Benitez and I expect them to choke. Milan to win - Ibra to score.

gaznov13.jpg

Is it the only one featuring past Champions of Europe?

If you mean city derbies, then yes.

There's Barca vs Real, Feyenoord vs Ajax, Benfica vs Porto, Liverpool vs Manchester Utd and the Derby d'Italia.

If you mean city derbies, then yes.

There's Barca vs Real, Feyenoord vs Ajax, Benfica vs Porto, Liverpool vs Manchester Utd and the Derby d'Italia.

I mean city derbies, I wouldn't regard an intercity rivalry as a derby in the intended sense of the word.

Anyhoo, roll on Juve v Roma tonight. Looking forward to that inter-city rivalry :)

• Advertisement

Juve are going to have to start Hasan Salihamidzic at right back. :eek:

Juve have some injury list:
    Gianluigi Buffon, Milos Krasic, Nicola Legrottaglie, Leandro Rinaudo, Zdenek Grygera, Paolo De Ceglie, Jorge Martinez and Alex Manninger.

Where's Alex tonight? On the bench?

Anyhoo, roll on Juve v Roma tonight.

What a cracking goal!

Juve have some injury list:
    Gianluigi Buffon, Milos Krasic, Nicola Legrottaglie, Leandro Rinaudo, Zdenek Grygera, Paolo De Ceglie, Jorge Martinez and Alex Manninger.

Where's Alex tonight? On the bench?

Motta is suspended too.

Yeah, bench. He's played a lot recently.

I was wrong about Salihamidzic starting. He's so bad, the 18 year old Danish centre half Sorensen has been preferred to him at right back.

1-1. Fair result. Chiellini and Aquilani played well. Good to see Traore finally make his debut too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement