Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Hard to believe that's the same Aquilani Liverpool fielded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Aquilani was very impressive in a few of his games for Liverpool last season. A lot of Liverpool fans were very excited about seeing him this season. Loaning him out has most fans truely mystified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

It was a strange decision, especially the buy out clause.

It was a strange decision, especially the buy out clause.

Yep. Embarrasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Well done AC. Like Allegri have to say.

Inter looked clueless.

Ibra, the big game player shows how to do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ush1 wrote: »
    Well done AC. Like Allegri have to say.

Inter looked clueless.

Ibra, the big game player shows how to do it again.

Pity Abate allowed himself to be wound up by Pandev.

The only factor in how this Inter team has got worse is Rafa. I thought he would do well out there. Inter 6 points behind in November is a first in a few years I think.

Inter were just poor today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Inter were woeful. One shot on target the whole match? Benitez won't last much longer if this keeps up.

Thought Abate's sending-off was harsh. Pandev seemed to do a lot more, pushing him over and winding him up. Didn't think there was much in that yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Le King wrote: »
    Pity Abate allowed himself to be wound up by Pandev.

The only factor in how this Inter team has got worse is Rafa. I thought he would do well out there. Inter 6 points behind in November is a first in a few years I think.

Inter were just poor today.

He was getting abit of a run around from Eto'o, but even after he walked Milan still looked comfortable and more threatening. Did Milito touch the ball??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

well, that was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ush1 wrote: »
    He was getting abit of a run around from Eto'o, but even after he walked Milan still looked comfortable and more threatening. Did Milito touch the ball??

Nope don't think he did.

The Inter players looked far happy under Mourinho than they are now.

• Advertisement

Benitez won't last the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

how Gattuso stayed on that pitch i will never know! 3 if not 4 obvious fouls AFTER his yellow!! Rafa please go..it was funny when you did this to liverpool...but not now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

With Inter six points off top spot Benitez has hinted that he needs new players in the January transfer window to bolster his squad.

"It is obvious that in January we will need something, but for now we need to get a win," Benitez said. "Who could arrive in the next transfer window? All the players expect someone of quality to maintain the level of the side, a side that in the past season won a lot and therefore got tired and has struggled to start again.''
    Sound familiar ???

Balotelli said in an interview published today that he want's to return to Italy and play with Ibra.

Well mario, we can make this happen :)

He's such a shít-stirrer. :D

And then today he admits to having dinner with Galliani, says himself and Ibra would make a strong pairing AND says Pirlo is his favourite player in the Italy team.

I love this lad!

This one from last night:

“Until June I am certainly at Manchester City. I have a five-year contract and can’t say anything."

Until June, eh?

According to La Gazzetta, Inter want Trap as caretaker if (when) Rafa goes.

Oh please say its true...

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Oh please say its true...

Mean! :D

It's win win for me.
    Inter get trap and Ireland lose trap (hopefully).

I don't think he'd be leaving Ireland. It would only be a short term thing. I doubt it'll happen anyway.

Former referee designator Paolo Bergamo:

"The Federation (FIGC) gaves us a telephone which they used to pay for and they knew all the statements. Our phone numbers were given to all the clubs, and they all used to call us. At the time we were accused of speaking too much, but today clubs moan that we have closed up. The AIA (Italian referees association) proposed that referees must not speak with anyone, but then no-one liked that proposal. I think they tried to create a climate of tranquility for referees before matches to help referees. At the time (2006) they considered it was not something to be done, but this is not the truth.At the time Farsopoli (Calciopoli) broke out, they showed just one call as evidence regarding myself and Moggi. All the others were hidden. But, I used to speak with everyone. In particular I used to speak with Inter because they never used to win back then, and they always used to moan."

:D

Former referee designator Paolo Bergamo:

"The Federation (FIGC) gaves us a telephone which they used to pay for and they knew all the statements. Our phone numbers were given to all the clubs, and they all used to call us. At the time we were accused of speaking too much, but today clubs moan that we have closed up. The AIA (Italian referees association) proposed that referees must not speak with anyone, but then no-one liked that proposal. I think they tried to create a climate of tranquility for referees before matches to help referees. At the time (2006) they considered it was not something to be done, but this is not the truth.At the time Farsopoli (Calciopoli) broke out, they showed just one call as evidence regarding myself and Moggi. All the others were hidden. But, I used to speak with everyone. In particular I used to speak with Inter because they never used to win back then, and they always used to moan."

:D

I've been saying it for ages, the evidence against juve was minuscule and the trial was nothing short of a witch hunt. Ffs, the evidence that got milan the points deduction was a joke and everyone has known for about 2 years now that the prosecutors suppressed evidence what made moratti far dirtier than moggi. The tittles that were stripped of juve should NEVER have been given to inter!

I've been saying it for ages, the evidence against juve was minuscule and the trial was nothing short of a witch hunt. Ffs, the evidence that got milan the points deduction was a joke and everyone has known for about 2 years now that the prosecutors suppressed evidence what made moratti far dirtier than moggi. The tittles that were stripped of juve should NEVER have been given to inter!

Who's this Meani guy who is/was involved in AC Milan?

• Advertisement

Leonardo Meani, he was Milan's attache to the referees body (every club has one, their job it to act as a go between between the ref's and the clubs etc).
    The evidence against him (and Milan) was a tap of a phone call to Gennaro Mazzei (the person who picked linesmen) after the Milan Vs. Sienna game where a Shevchenko goal was wrongly flagged offisde by a linesman who was looking straight at it.

Here's an article quoting him from may this year. Speaks volumes.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/05/20/1934094/calciopoli-watch-former-milan-man-leonardo-meani-questions

Meani: Gli dico che Galliani non vuole che Copelli venga punito perché è un ragazzo bravo, capace.

Meani: I'll tell him that Galliani doesn't want Copelli(ref) to be punished because he's a good kid.

Comunque, oh, se vuoi, mandamelo ancora Ambrosino

anyway, if you want send me Ambrosino(ref) again.

mi sono permesso di prendere Marcello (Ambrosino, ndr), con il quale ho un buon rapporto e dirgli che mi sono arrivati molti complimenti da parte anche del Milan.

I have a good rapport with Marcello and tell him he got a lot of compliments from Milan.

Meani: Esatto! E’ quasi pronto per fare il Milan…

Meani about another ref: yep, he's almost ready to ref Milan.

Dear Zlatan.
    I love you.

Seán.

Great player.

Great player.

Best striker in the world :D

• Advertisement

Great first half by Juve. Krasic is back with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Inter beaten 2-1 by Chievo.

Bring tears of joy to my eyes.
    Eto'o is a disgrace by the way!

If Rafa is still in charge at Inter by the end of the winter transfer window I'd be stunned.

Brilliant stuff today.

I really hope Rafa stays a while longer. Eto'o will be getting a ban for his headbutt today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Been whispers that that Rafa's job is starting to come under scrutiny which is a bit daft this early into the season

Been whispers that that Rafa's job is starting to come under scrutiny which is a bit daft this early into the season

More than just whispers! I wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked this week.

5 draws and 3 losses in 13 games from the champions of Europe is nowhere near acceptable. He's a terrible manager, inter are horrible to watch under him. He is inept at his job. If Moratti is smart he'll sack him before christmas! I hope for Milan's sake that he lasts the season because it would mean one less challenger for the title and Inter would finish outside the champions league spots, which would suit Milan down to the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Been like that a couple of weeks now. The majority of Inter fans are unhappy (according to the few polls on Inter forums that I have seen).

5 draws and 3 losses in 14 games from the champions of Europe is nowhere near acceptable. He's a terrible manager, inter are horrible to watch under him. He is inept at his job. If Moratti is smart he'll sack him before christmas! I hope for Milan's sake that he lasts the season because it would mean one less challenger for the title and Inter would finish outside the champions league spots, which would suit Milan down to the ground!
    Spurs at the lane apart I thought he had done pretty well they were passing the ball well through out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

5 draws and 3 losses in 13 games from the champions of Europe is nowhere near acceptable. He's a terrible manager, inter are horrible to watch under him. He is inept at his job. If Moratti is smart he'll sack him before christmas! I hope for Milan's sake that he lasts the season because it would mean one less challenger for the title and Inter would finish outside the champions league spots, which would suit Milan down to the ground!

Yep, spot on. Anybody who watches regular Serie A will realise how tactically inept he's been. This was never his strong suit, I mean the guy played Gerrard and Alonso in central midfield for years before he signed Masch which was as plain as day to everyone that it didn't suit either. He got so much credit in the 05 final for bringing Hamann at half time but it was one of the most retarded managerial desisions of all time not to play a holding midfield player from the start against a team with Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo in it.

What he did have at Liverpool was the loyalty of his players and they gave above and beyond their ability at times. But he doesn't seem to be getting
    even half the level of passion from this Inter squad as Jose did and when you compine this with his tactical flaws it leads to their current sorry plight.

• Advertisement

Funnily enough up until a few weeks ago when Inter got riddled with injuries they were being praised as playing excellent expansive football far more attractive than anything that had been seen there for a number of years. Funny what a few weeks can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Yep, spot on. Anybody who watches regular Serie A will realise how tactically inept he's been. This was never his strong suit, I mean the guy played Gerrard and Alonso in central midfield for years before he signed Masch which was as plain as day to everyone that it didn't suit either. He got so much credit in the 05 final for bringing Hamann at half time but it was one of the most retarded managerial desisions of all time not to play a holding midfield player against a team with Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo in it.

What he did have at Liverpool was the loyalty of his players and they gave above and beyond their ability at times. But he doesn't seem to be getting
    even half the level of passion from this Inter squad as Jose did and when you compine this with his tactical flaws it leads to their current sorry plight.

I would have always said tactics were one of his strong suits tbh, when you consider some of the European performances his Liverpool teams put in. Also with regards Gerrard, it was Benitez that took him out of the central midfield position he had played under just about every other manager and put him wide right or behind the striker. He's having some poor results at Inter but sacking him this soon would be pure madness IMO.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Funnily enough up until a few weeks ago when Inter got riddled with injuries they were being praised as playing excellent expansive football far more attractive than anything that had been seen there for a number of years. Funny what a few weeks can do.
    A week in football is like 2-3 months in a regular job

Mr Alan wrote: »

No.
    Just no.
    Since the first game of the season he has had 2 good games in Seire A. Inter have been horrible to watch. they have have a few ok games in Europe but they have been garbage in the league. Kinda like Liverpool when you think about it.

with regard to tactics.

Maicon was being raped by Bale, rather than bringing on an extra player on the right to help Maicon and double up on bale he brought on a central midfielder and told him to play on the left of midfield and support the left full. the result was that Maicon was being doubled up on by Bale and B.A.E. and had a terrible game.

The worst thing for Inter would be to leave him there, the best thing for Milan, Lazio, Roma, Juve and Napoli would be for him to be left there!

I don't watch much Italian football so my experience of the situation is that up until the Spurs game most publications were praising him and Inter. I'll bow to your superior knowledge of the situation though as someone who watches a lot of Italian football, but it certainly swims against the tide of common consensus in the media up until the Spurs game.

You also need to weigh things up bearing in mind that the bauld Seaneh is monumentaly biased when it comes to all things football related in the city of Milan.;)

I agree with what Seaneh says.

I really hope they don't sack him for a while yet. :D

I agree with what Seaneh says.

I really hope they don't sack him for a while yet. :D

Not often an Bianconeri and Rossoneri would agree on anything!

flahavaj wrote: »
    You also need to weigh things up bearing in mind that the bauld Seaneh is monumentaly biased when it comes to all things football related in the city of Milan.;)

How many Inter games have you watched this season?
    They have been as bad to watch as Liverpool were in the last 3 seasons, if not worse.

• Advertisement

How many Inter games have you watched this season?
    They have been as bad to watch as Liverpool were in the last 3 seasons, if not worse.

I'm only teasing ya Seaneh. I've seen more Serie A this season than I normally do what with it being all over Setanta Ireland. They've been poor to watch alright but to fire him this soon would be ridiculous.

Advertisement