If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for 3d tv please

Options
  • 02-07-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭

Hi guys toying with the idea of getting a 3d tv just wondering what price you can do them at? Also most likely will get a 3d blu ray player with it.

Thanks Alex

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

alexmcred wrote: »
    Hi guys toying with the idea of getting a 3d tv just wondering what price you can do them at? Also most likely will get a 3d blu ray player with it.

Thanks Alex

Alex,

I have had to speak to all the guys 1st before I could quote you as we are not sure if your Munster rugby status is an issue - however we have decided that we will just have to overcharge you by about 20% to make you suffer for being a Munster fan - You can of course recant and promise to support Leinster (or even Ulster) and we will give you normal Boardie preferential quotes :D:D:D

Anyway beggars just cannot be choosers these days so I suppose we will have to deal with you ;)

OK here are a few ideas for you:

Panasonic TXP 50VT 20 - £2199.95 Including a 5 year warranty

Samsung UE40C7000 - £1799.95

Samsung UE46C7000 - £1999.95

Samsung UE40C8000 - £1999.95

Philips 40PFL8605H - €euro €1529.99 - limited offer including 4 year warranty.

Philips 46PFL8605h €euro €1799.99 - limited offer including 4 year warranty.

On the 3D Blu Ray front - we have the following:

Philips DVP7500 B2 - A really stunning looking player EURO €224.99
    picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6717

Sony BDPS470 - £169.95 (price with trade in)

Hope that is some good info for you - If we can assist please give me a shout & we will always do our best for you.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Ahem !!

Ritz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Tis alright John I was shouting for them at the HC Final in Edinburagh am still trying to wash out my mouth lol met some nice Leinster fans at it too.

Anyhoo the Philips 46p one looks to be more in my price range. Are the Glasses expensive and the ultimate question are the 3d plasma's better?

I'm not sure on the time scale to upgrade will be replacing a 4yo Toshiba 42" LCD which I've been fairly happy with but now seems to be signs of screen burn due to EPG being left on too long.

The other option I'm thinking of is a decent 2d television as i don't think 3d will be that quick to roll out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Alexmcred

I have the very nice 46PFL8605H on display instore at the moment in The Philips Shop.

Your welcome to call in and check it out and I'd be happy to give you a 1on1 demo of it, bring along some of your favourite BR discs if you like.

However, the 3D glasses have not been released as yet but I've been told they are due end of July/early August...no pricing as yet.

Rest assured, this is an excellent standard TV - as you'll see if you call on in:)

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash thanks for the info unfortunately (or maybe fortunately :) ) I'm based in Clonmel and won't be near to Dubland in the near future.

If I'm going for a standard I would prefer to spend a little less and perhaps go up in size. I know Harvey Normans have a 50in 3d plasma for 1599

• Advertisement

Hi again

Thats a shame your not near to us - reckon you'd love the 46PFL8605H:D
    Have it in our demo room running BR and she's a beaut!

Have a look at this..same screen size but if its like the 37 and 40" versions it will be excellent TV
    Its the 46PFL7605H
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/4/46pfl7605h_05/46pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its one of the new range of TV's (due in this month) and will be a 100Hz /2ms and uses Pixel Precise HD Image Processing and not 3D ready.

This will sell for €1699.99 and using the discount offer John has up at the moment you can have it for €1529.99.

Check out www.richersounds.ie for other alternatives - bound to be something we can temp you with:D

atb
    Ash

Hi guys thanks for all the advice following mediation between myself and the significant other have decided to put the 3d tv on hold for now. What I am looking to do however is get a tv to tide me over have about a thousand to spend and would like to see what you can do for me for that.

Have been looking at 50in plasmas and they seem to be very good and a lot cheaper than LCD or LED. I would also need you guys to deliver the TV as am based in Tipperary

Hi guys thanks for all the advice following mediation between myself and the significant other have decided to put the 3d tv on hold for now. What I am looking to do however is get a tv to tide me over have about a thousand to spend and would like to see what you can do for me for that.

Have been looking at 50in plasmas and they seem to be very good and a lot cheaper than LCD or LED. I would also need you guys to deliver the TV as am based in Tipperary

Alex,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you -€1000 to spend on a TV to tide you over??:confused::confused: Jeez - I'm going to have to start supporting Munster as well!

€1000 will get you a pretty serious piece of kit these days - the weapon of choice at that price range at the moment is:

LG 50PK590 Really excellent quality 600HZ, 1080P Plasma with MPEG4 & ethernet capabilities - £699.95 / €869.99

We do also have the Panasonic TXP50G20 & the LG 50PK990 (both of which blow your budget slightly and would have you on the naughty step for a couple of months) available from stock and to be honest the PK990 is just astonishing, it's possibly the best Plasma we have ever seen (& yes we are Pioneer fans as well don't worry)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John thanks for getting back to me.

Also the only thing that is worrying me is the thought of huge electricity bills if I go with the plasma

Of course you should start supporting Munster we welcome all types with open arms even Leinster supporters

Of course you should start supporting Munster we welcome all types with open arms even Leinster supporters

LOL :D

• Advertisement

Sorry to be a pain in the rear but having spend the day looking at various websites etc I think the 50in would be too big for the room so also while checking power ratings on my current set I discovered it's only 37ins :(

So am going with a 42in screen and looking for a surround sound package have 800 to spend on the two, already have a blu ray player sony BDP s363 but am open to ideas on what to do

Also would need the cost of getting the stuff to me and time-scale (before weekend would be great) for delivery.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Alexmcred.

Getting a screen and a surround package for 800 Euro will be very tight!

Have a little look at the following:

LG 42LD450 priced at £469.95 / 589.99 Euro (This is the cheapest 42" that we have at the moment).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=1048&results=true&keys=lg&c=1

Sharp LC42CT2E priced at £499.95 / 624.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=1070&results=true&keys=sharp&c=1

Onkyo HTS3305 we could offer for £369.95 / 449.95
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=26&productid=1035

Yamaha RXV367 priced at £179.95 / 209.99 Euro (Pending Stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=938&mode=0&categoryid=3&sub=24&productid=1041&c=1

Tannoy SFX 5.1 priced at £199.95 / 249.99 (Pending Stock)
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=686&Results=true&keys=tannoy

If you could stretch your budget a little you could have a look over the following:

Marantz NR1501 priced at £289.95 / 364.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=3&sub=24&productid=1028

Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 Pack priced at £299.95 / 374.99 (If purchase along with an amp over £249.95).
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&SUB=100&ProductID=954

There would be no way for me to get this to you for the weekend unless you paid for a Saturday special delivery which would cost £35 / 45 Euro.
    Our courier operate Monday to Friday (DPD) but do offer the special Saturday delivery at a premium :(

I hope this helps :D

Let me know what you think.

Hi Kenny the Tv I sent you on a PM thwere earlier as well the TV that caught my attention is:
    PANASONIC VIERA TXP42S20

And if you could recommend a surround system to go with it if it needs one i.e. is the sound quality good out of it can stretch to €1,000 for both?

Either way what euro price can I get the panasonic for inc delivery?

Hi Kenny the Tv I sent you on a PM thwere earlier as well the TV that caught my attention is:
    PANASONIC VIERA TXP42S20

And if you could recommend a surround system to go with it if it needs one i.e. is the sound quality good out of it can stretch to €1,000 for both?

Either way what euro price can I get the panasonic for inc delivery?

Alex,

Thanks again & apologies for the delay getting back to you - how about the TXP42S20 with the Onkyo HTS3305 at £879.95 / €1069.99 ( I know it busts the budget a little but it's worth it!).

Delivery would add about £29.95 for the system.

Keep me posted!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John can I go ahead and order the tv for now please am going to hold off on the surround system till September. If you pm me how to sort out pay it would be great thanks.

I'll pretend I did not see the above.......

.....Just PM us your contact number & I'll get an Ulsterman to give you a shout to get you sorted!

Thanks for the order & to be honest I think even we acknowledge what a class act the Munster boys are (but don't tell anyone that I ever admitted to that..)
    ATB,

John Mc

Just PM'ed you there John

Thanks for all your help.

Hopefully all the provinces will have better seasons this year

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.