Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ras blog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Hiya Anto,

Personal opinion on blogs are

1) not too technical I'm not a massive technology fan but I know a lot of people salivate over stats so.

2) Race stuff is what I like to see and how guys approach a race and react during it. This can be hard to do though as you don't want to be giving away secrets or opinions on other racers which might come back and bite you in the ass.

3) Consistent updates and if you're not going to update say it you're away for two weeks.

Ryan's are good but persoanlly I prefer to read it than video blogs.

Anyway you never will please everyone so just try to please me!!!!

see ya soon

shaun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I happened across your blog a few weeks back.
    You write well. Blogs IMO are descriptive/opinion pieces rather than factual per se. You paint a good picture.
    Like Shaun, I am not a massive stats man. Your thoughts and feelings of a particular race/training session whatever will paint a more interesting picture than a screenshot of stats.
    Keep it up. Great name btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Nice blog and well written.

Link to bigger pictures if you can. It is always nice to see the suffering.

As for stats, I do enjoy stats. However reading pages about different sections is boring. Short summaries or graphs are quick and easy, but then as a high level rider, perhaps you don't want to give away much? Not something I have to contend with, yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 musette

It looks remarkably like mine! See http://muse-ette.blogspot.com

Bless blogger.com templates!

Unless you're looking for a particular audience, or ad revenue, I think you should do with it as you will (subject to libel laws, decency, etc). It's your blog and people are free to read it or not.

Personally I started blogging as a bit of fun. I write and/or post what I feel like when I have the urge. I am constantly amazed people actually read it! I have ads on there but you wouldn't want to be depending on that for an income. I've clocked up about €10 in almost a year from Google ad clickthroughs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 anthony_walsh

Cheers I appreciate the feedback. It's the first blog i have attempted to write so it's nice to know what people find interesting, engaging etc.

Will try incorporate the feeb back into future blog posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

i liked it.

would be great if you kept it up throughout the year, it gives us peasants an insight into the experiences of a top level cyclist

on a different note, i followed this years ras for a few stages, and on two of the stages some of the ucd team were well behind the main peleton, the never dropped the head and plugged away.

looking forward to seeing the team in next years race

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement