Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded Wii but not sure what chip?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got my Wii modded a long time back (got my Wii on launch day)
    The guy who modded it (from on here probot or something like that)
    upgraded the chip about 2-3 years ago for 10 euro.
    I am not sure what chip it is but he wrote a code on the back of the console to help me to update the firmware via dvd, it either reads DMS 629 or DMS G29
    Can anyone give me an idea of what chip it is and how to update.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It's probably the model of the drive to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Looks like its the chipset of your drive. As far as upgrading your modification, you will need to know the vendor of the part that was fitted, and from there you will be able to research the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Cheers for the replies guys.
    I am a bit clueless on this and the guy is no longer on boards.
    Is there anyway to find out the name of the chip apart from opening the console.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

As far as I know, the only way to identify it would be to open the Wii, and go from there. There are loads of guides online you can follow, as apparently, its not difficult to open one. Once opened, you should be able to identify the chip easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yeah, the Wii is simple to open and the chip should be readily identifiable - most, if not all, of them have the name printed on the chip somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

why are you havving to update the chip

Advertisement