Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything that is Trumpet

• 02-07-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭

This is coming from a complete beginner, I have no experience playing any Brass/wind instruments.
    A friend an I have been considering trying to take up playing the trumpet for quite a while, and we've seriously thinking about going for it and purchasing one and seeing about getting lessons etc. (I was inspired by a pretty amazing live performance I saw from hypnotic brass ensemble recently! :p)
    Does anyone have any experience playing this instrument and can they give any general advice? i.e
    Is it difficult to begin? (I heard you can play 3 different notes without pressing any of the keys, just changing the pitch of your..lips?)
    I tried researching the instrument on wikipedia, but it was a tad confusing!
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭BSOM

revz wrote: »
    This is coming from a complete beginner, I have no experience playing any Brass/wind instruments.
    A friend an I have been considering trying to take up playing the trumpet for quite a while, and we've seriously thinking about going for it and purchasing one and seeing about getting lessons etc. (I was inspired by a pretty amazing live performance I saw from hypnotic brass ensemble recently! :p)
    Does anyone have any experience playing this instrument and can they give any general advice? i.e
    Is it difficult to begin? (I heard you can play 3 different notes without pressing any of the keys, just changing the pitch of your..lips?)
    I tried researching the instrument on wikipedia, but it was a tad confusing!
    Any help appreciated.

Hi,

I played Trumpet/Cornet and Bugual for a few years till I had to stop (accident). Its difficult to get the inital stage done i.e Pitching, Breathing and understanding about blowing. After that you have to build up your ombisure (not sure if i spelt it correctly) basically its the point which you lips touch your mouth peice (you build up a musle).

Try Joe Lynch @ McCoulagh Picketts or David Ryan. Both stock a large range of Woodwind / Brass.

Stagg are actually a great manufacturer of Cheap and very good Brass.

Best of luck!

Advertisement