If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV & Speakers.

Options
  • 02-07-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi john, ashley,

ash,
    i'm looking for a tv for xbox/ps3 gaming and dvd/blu ray as well as connection to my PC. as far as i can see the PHILIPS 37PFL7605H fits the bill.

john,
    i doubt i'd be happy with tv speakers, however good they are, and need to step it up a bit. i'd be keen on the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 speakers but how well would the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO TOPAZ AM1 drive them? i don't want to cheap out but i do have a budget...

this is for a bedroom setup, already got decent kit in the living room.

so what deal can ye do for me on these incl. delivery to galway?
    if ye have any better suggestions please let me know.

thanks a mil,
    matt

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

the raven wrote: »
    Hi john, ashley,

ash,
    i'm looking for a tv for xbox/ps3 gaming and dvd/blu ray as well as connection to my PC. as far as i can see the PHILIPS 37PFL7605H fits the bill.

john,
    i doubt i'd be happy with tv speakers, however good they are, and need to step it up a bit. i'd be keen on the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1 speakers but how well would the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO TOPAZ AM1 drive them? i don't want to cheap out but i do have a budget...

this is for a bedroom setup, already got decent kit in the living room.

so what deal can ye do for me on these incl. delivery to galway?
    if ye have any better suggestions please let me know.

thanks a mil,
    matt

Matt,

Thanks a million for the post and yes to be honest the 7605 series is emerging as the star of the new range of Philips LED's - they are flying out (when we can get hold of them!)

On the amp front - yes the Cambridge Audio AM1 will drive the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1's quite well - however if it was me (and especially if it's for a bedroom) I would probably go for the Teac Reference 300 AGH300 This really is a cracking amplifier which we have bought as a bin end & we have a very few still left - this both sounds & looks great - and as an added bonus it's really compact - excellent for a bedroom (and it's way less than 1/2 price) it also has remote control & an FM tuner built in so it really does score over the AM1.

If you wanted a price for the whole lot - here is a Boardie Special:

The retail price in total should be €1279.97 - I can do a Boardie special at €1099.99 & delivery at €39.99.

Keep me posted if you would like me to reserve any of this kit for you or if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

Matt,

Thanks a million for the post and yes to be honest the 7605 series is emerging as the star of the new range of Philips LED's - they are flying out (when we can get hold of them!)

On the amp front - yes the Cambridge Audio AM1 will drive the Monitor Audio Bronze Reference 1's quite well - however if it was me (and especially if it's for a bedroom) I would probably go for the Teac Reference 300 AGH300 This really is a cracking amplifier which we have bought as a bin end & we have a very few still left - this both sounds & looks great - and as an added bonus it's really compact - excellent for a bedroom (and it's way less than 1/2 price) it also has remote control & an FM tuner built in so it really does score over the AM1.

If you wanted a price for the whole lot - here is a Boardie Special:

The retail price in total should be €1279.97 - I can do a Boardie special at €1099.99 & delivery at €39.99.

Keep me posted if you would like me to reserve any of this kit for you or if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

excellent stuff john, any chance you could throw in an HDMI cable and a short length of speaker cable maybe 3m?

thanks.

yo.

just thought of an issue that maybe you great guys could help me with:

if i connect a PS3 to the PHILIPS 37PFL7605H by hdmi directly, how do i feed the audio through the TEAC/Cambridge amplifier?

as far as i can see the only option is to go the RGB component cable route, with the analog audio connections.
    the tv has one set of PrPbY connections... other than constantly switching back and forth between xbox and ps3 is there a splitter available that doesn't diminish picture quality and let's only one signal through at a time? am i asking for the impossible?!

thanks guys, really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hi Raven,

This is indeed possible. Both the XBox360 and the PS3 cables are unique to their machines and would have to be got first if you don't already have them.

There are switcher boxes available for this on the market and I am in the middle of seeing if we can get our hands on one.

As for the picture quality, I have never used a component switcher before but I'm sure, as is the case with everything, that the higher priced units offer better picture quality. Again as I have never used one of these I suppose that yes you may lose some of the quality but of course that’s the sacrifice of convenience.

I will PM you as soon as I have an answer about the switcher.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

yo.

just thought of an issue that maybe you great guys could help me with:

if i connect a PS3 to the PHILIPS 37PFL7605H by hdmi directly, how do i feed the audio through the TEAC/Cambridge amplifier?

as far as i can see the only option is to go the RGB component cable route, with the analog audio connections.
    the tv has one set of PrPbY connections... other than constantly switching back and forth between xbox and ps3 is there a splitter available that doesn't diminish picture quality and let's only one signal through at a time? am i asking for the impossible?!

thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Hi,
    You can connect the PS3 via HDMI direct to the TV which carries the audio and video , you can also connect the MultiAv out to the TEAC with the cable that came with the PS3 for audio. You can set the PS3 to output sound from both at the same time.

The xbox then has the component input all to its self with audio to the TEAC also.
    Hope that helps a bit.
    Moo.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    You can connect the PS3 via HDMI direct to the TV which carries the audio and video , you can also connect the MultiAv out to the TEAC with the cable that came with the PS3 for audio. You can set the PS3 to output sound from both at the same time.

The xbox then has the component input all to its self with audio to the TEAC also.
    Hope that helps a bit.
    Moo.

moo,

that's absolutely fantastic, really appreciate that.

thanks also to you Nicola! i'm gonna trust moo on this so and go ahead with the order...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

excellent stuff john, any chance you could throw in an HDMI cable and a short length of speaker cable maybe 3m?

thanks.

Ouch...(sound of arm being twisted)

...Done (I think I have been)

No problem Raven - drop us your details & we will get you sorted..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

(Also Thanks 2 Mollers!)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

hey john,
    did you not get my PM?
    sent it on wednesday, ye must be pretty busy!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.