Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardgillan Castle

Options
  • 02-07-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all.

Anyone know if any gigs are planned for Ardgillan Castle?

Saw Rem there a few years ago and thought it was a great venue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah I was at that REM gig too and was well impressed with Ardgillian Castle as a venue- nice site stretching down a slope with huge views of the Irish Sea.

Pity nothing else has really happened there since- its a fab venue and probably only beaten by Slane for outdoor gigs.

Incidentally I remember Moby did a cover version of 'My Lovely Horse' at that REM gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Residents objected so I doubt there will be any more gigs there, unfortunately. I'd say it's an better venue than Slane, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

blastman wrote: »
    Residents objected so I doubt there will be any more gigs there, unfortunately. I'd say it's an better venue than Slane, too.

they havent ruled out any further concerts yet... and in saying that i know one family living very close to the venue who were delighted when the concerts were on(well they were kinda bribed with free tickets)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Same as Malahide Castle, another venue far better than Marlay Park, with a Dart station 200 yards from the entrance.

Must be some great sweeteners Marlay is payin out :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement