Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll - your favourite Seattle area bands?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭

I don't wanna use the G word, but the poll is fairly self explanatory. I just want to see who other people like. I'm listening to a lot of AIC at the moment.

Who are youre favourite Seattle area bands? 98 votes

Soundgarden
    0%
    Nirvana
    20%
    Ruu_OldSouperComputerPyr0NeaTristramCacoRockeeblarney_armybuck65Furious-Redrgt320qDrumSteveJay PD.QLesIsMoreGear9992AngronWooden JesusTangyZizzlejack presley 20 votes
    Pearl Jam
    14%
    EarthhorseSouperComputerTristramCacoGLaDOSblarney_armyCatari JaguarJoe_DullrainbowtroutbluefingerD.QGear9992bazmaidenNTMK 14 votes
    Alice In Chains
    25%
    byteCreatureSouperComputerOral SlangMotley CrueTristramCacoMushyflukeblarney_armyCatari JaguarFurious-RedrainbowtroutSchismrgt320qDrumSteveJay PTopBombing[Deleted User]siltirocker 25 votes
    Mudhoney
    32%
    SouperComputerPyr0BeekayMotley CrueTristramNailzCacoMushylord lucanChuchublarney_armyTabnabsCatari Jaguarbuck65SchismSephiroth_dudergt320qDrumSteveJay PTopBombing 32 votes
    Melvins
    1%
    Mushy 1 vote
    Other - yt links appreciated. Share the music.
    6%
    NailzCacocedominationbuck65D.Qbannerbhoy 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Mudhoney
    AIC all the way... I was well in to them back in the day, saw them support Megadeth in the Point:eek: c Facelife and then in the SFX headlining, I liked a lot of Seattle bands but AIC are the only ones that have stood the test of time and whose CDs are still and dead cert in my car! Has anyone seen them with the new guy? I'm sure there's a thread here on it must have a look again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

I don't wanna use the G word, but the poll is fairly self explanatory. I just want to see who other people like. I'm listening to a lot of AIC at the moment.

Don't be shy :D
    I am listening AiC for a good few years and IMHO AiC was the best, MS was fantastic but I like some SG, JC, ML, ED, PJ, ST also. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fiftysix

Alice In Chains
    Pearl Jam ftw, and all the side projects of all this bands like temple of the dog and mad season were great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Nirvana
    Chuchu wrote: »
    AIC all the way... I was well in to them back in the day, saw them support Megadeth in the Point:eek: c Facelife and then in the SFX headlining, I liked a lot of Seattle bands but AIC are the only ones that have stood the test of time and whose CDs are still and dead cert in my car! Has anyone seen them with the new guy? I'm sure there's a thread here on it must have a look again.

I have seen AIC both occasions like yourself in the 90's. Layne was cool as **** at the SFX. I saw them supporting Metallica last year too, the main reason I went. Duvall does a great job but tbh I think Jerry Cantrell is the bands core. I will see them next week at Sonisphere in Spain. Cant wait. Black Gives Way to Blue was an amazing album, best album of 09 imo.

As much as I like AIC my vote goes to Soundgarden. I would listen to Chris Cornell sing the alphabet, and have stuck with him throughout all his (some dubious) projects. I cannot wait to see them play live since reforming and hopefully (couldn't be any worse) it will be a better gig than their RDS outing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mudhoney
    To be honest I never really considered Alice In Chains a typical Seattle band. I always felt they were more like a mini Metallica and could have been more of a Metal act if given the chance, as opposed to be thrown in with the rest.

But they were still an amazing act, and remain so, with Pearl Jam a close second for me

Never had any interest in the others you listed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Mudhoney
    AIC for me, with Pearl Jam in 2nd place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

[Off topic/] The music experience museum thingy in Seattle is class if ye are ever out that way, could easily spend entire day in there [Off topic/]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

None of them, tbh. All very samey-samey, to my ear and I can't say I find their music anything but dour, drab and depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mudhoney
    AIC ftw.

Followed closely by Soundgarden. Never a big fan of the Seattle scene but AIC had a uniqueness about them that i latched on to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mudhoney
    Alice in chains then soundgarden followed by nirvana,not to fond of pearl jam,I like a few of there songs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Mudhoney
    Just listening to AiC's Black Gives way to Blue for the past few days. F**in great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

How come Queensryche never get a mention? They've been just as successful as the above mentioned. More prog than 'g' but just as good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Mudhoney
    All very quality (melvins yum) but AIC top it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Mudhoney
    Pearl Jam followed by Alice In Chains for me

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Mudhoney
    No question, easy peasy...AIC by a long mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Mudhoney
    edhead wrote: »
    No question, easy peasy...AIC by a long mile.
    +1
    I dont really like any of the others listed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Mother Love Bone followed by Alice In Chains. MLB released an album and an EP of some of the best music to come out of the city, and 'Crown of Thorns' is just a magnificent and beautiful song.

Also honourable mentions to Green River, Screaming Trees and Pearl Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Alice In Chains
    pearljam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mudhoney
    Melvins Rule.

Pearl Jam are probably my favourite, then soundgarden, then AIC.

I think its almost become popular to not like Nirvana... never really got into them but the made some great tunes. I Actually preferred In Utero to Nevermind.

Mudhoney
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    I Actually preferred In Utero to Nevermind.
    Same as. I remember one particular time where I listened to Nervermind and it just all of a sudden sounded too polished production wise. Mind you the songs off it sounded great live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mudhoney
    Same as. I remember one particular time where I listened to Nervermind and it just all of a sudden sounded too polished production wise. Mind you the songs off it sounded great live.

Yeah territorial pissings always get em going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SpittinStuff

Mudhoney
    In my opinion - Alice in Chains - without a doubt....

Mudhoney
    Just found out one of my friends saw AIC last Sunday. Grrrrr (in a nice way)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Alice In Chains
    I love all these bands. I really do. But due to their live shows (which for grunge bands imo can be are quite poor/average) Pearl Jam are numbero uno. I can barely listen to some of their album track due to the fact that live versions are just unreal.

Honourable mentions: Temple of The Dog, Green River, Mother Love Bone, U-Men, Crazy Horse, Screaming Trees and Mad Season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Alice In Chains
    Nolanger wrote: »
    How come Queensryche never get a mention? They've been just as successful as the above mentioned. More prog than 'g' but just as good!

Well if Queensryche were mentioned here, they'd without a doubt be my no.1 as they are one of my favourite bands.

Temple of the Dog would also have been my top vote if included, but seeing as neither are there, I suppose I'll go with Pearl Jam. Not as much into those types of bands anymore as I used to be back in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Mudhoney
    I love all these bands. I really do. But due to their live shows (which for grunge bands imo can be are quite poor/average) Pearl Jam are numbero uno. I can barely listen to some of their album track due to the fact that live versions are just unreal.

Honourable mentions: Temple of The Dog, Green River, Mother Love Bone, U-Men, Crazy Horse, Mad Season, Screaming Trees and Mad Season.

So good you had to mention them twice!:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Mudhoney
    Screaming Trees never made the big time but are definitely worth a Seattle sound nod. Temple of the Dog was a very worthwhile project too!

But AIC get my number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Alice In Chains
    Beekay wrote: »

My superb editing skills have made you look quite the fool! Mwah ha ha! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Beekay wrote: »

Well it's all I need - Alice in Chains and Mad Season Mad season Mad Season :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Where's Sanctuary & Nevermore?! Hate the way Seattle automatically means grunge.

Advertisement