Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll - your favourite Seattle area bands?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Alice In Chains
    sentient_6 wrote: »
    Where's Sanctuary & Nevermore?! Hate the way Seattle automatically means grunge.

True but i think they meant Grunge more so. Nevermore could possibly have a case though. But dude Santuary! Really? Weren't they just the **** precursor to Nevermore (like Pantera pre-Cowboys or Malfunkshun pre-Mother Love Bone):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

True but i think they meant Grunge more so. Nevermore could possibly have a case though. But dude Santuary! Really? Weren't they just the **** precursor to Nevermore (like Pantera pre-Cowboys or Malfunkshun pre-Mother Love Bone):p

Precursor yes, **** no, Into The Mirror Black is a classic album. Funnily enough they broke up cause of the pressure the record company was putting on them to adapt a grunge sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Alice In Chains
    Interesting how so far the other big 3 have passed out Nirvana in this poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mudhoney
    fluke wrote: »
    Interesting how so far the other big 3 have passed out Nirvana in this poll.

Most people i know who are into Seattle bands would rate PJ/AIC & Soundgarden ahead of Nirvana. The whole mystique that built up around them after Cobains death had nothing to do with the music. I still see many kids today wearing Cobain t-shirts,many of whom wouldn't have even been born when he topped himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Other - yt links appreciated. Share the music.
    Alice In Chains and Melvins all the ****ing way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

AIC, mudhoney in second. I never really got into Pearl Jam, might have a listen to them again I suppose.

Nirvana were alright, but Alice in Chains a clear winner for me. Saw them twice and both times thought they were excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Mudhoney
    Nolanger wrote: »
    How come Queensryche never get a mention? They've been just as successful as the above mentioned. More prog than 'g' but just as good!

I should have included them but I was kind of coming at it from a "Seattle Big Four" or gr**ge perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Soundgarden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Mudhoney
    MOD - can you reopen the poll, please & thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mudhoney
    MOD - can you reopen the poll, please & thanks! :D

While I don't object to that my opinion would remain unchanged considering I still think, of this list, Alice In Chains and Pearl Jam are the two finest acts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Melvins kick hole, and have done so for a long time

Advertisement