Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portralington 10KM Sept 26th

• 02-07-2010 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

10km in Portarlington on Sept 26 th.

Should be a bit of fun for anyone interested in running it

12 weeks away and lots of time for training !!!

http://www.runportarlington.com/

Not involved, just a local promoting a local event !

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 3 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    66%
    essdeebart simpson 2 votes
    3 stars (average)
    33%
    itsalltrue 1 vote
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Just found out its also going to be chipped and only 15 euro so not bad value !

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭itsalltrue

3 stars (average)
    should be an ok race
    i won't be setting any records as i will have done a long run (hopefully 21 miles) in preperation for the marathon.

But its my local area so i'm running in support

I'm just back from injury and off on holiday so i'll get little training in but i still want to it as i've spent hrs traveling to races and when one is on my doorstep i have to do it !

I'd love to see it as an annual event.................push it to a half marathon even:D

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭itsalltrue

3 stars (average)
    should be a good race on sunday.

I have to do a 21m LSR on saturday in prep for the DCM.

Not sure if i should do this race but its a local event and i want to support it.

Will take it easy going around

Between injury and holidays i haven't ran in almost 8 weeks. I was out yesterday and did 3.6 which went fine. I'm going to try for 5 on friday and if i come thorugh that i'll run on sunday. I know in can complete it, just don't want to do a pointless time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

anyone know when the results will be available?

A mate of mine did it and he is not sure if he broke 45 mins - forgot to start his watch at start!

(he has no web access - txt'd me to look it up for him)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭essdee

4 stars (good)
    scargill wrote: »
    anyone know when the results will be available?

A mate of mine did it and he is not sure if he broke 45 mins - forgot to start his watch at start!

(he has no web access - txt'd me to look it up for him)

Results are available here: http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/view/id/108

It was a fast course. I knocked over two minutes off the time it took me to do the 10k in Kilkenny the week before.

It was also good value at €15 entry and the medals were decent. All round very well organised.

it was too much for me with an injury come back, i did the distance on Thursday and it was too much to try it again on Sunday with only a weeks running until my belt after 2 months out.

Well done to all and i passed them on my way to Lidl !

Well organised and well run ( excuse the pun ) i spoke to one of the organisers on sat and she was trying to get me to do it:D

15 is great value for a chipped race and i'd love to see it as an annual event on the local calender.

Advertisement