Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging with dog.

Options
  • 02-07-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

To cut a long story short (for long story see my previous post :)) I am going to be taking my neighbours dog with me jogging tonight. He is about two years old, and I am not sure how much exercise he is used to, though I suspect not much. He is a mixed breed with quite short legs! I was planning on doing quite a short jog tonight, about 30mins at fairly relaxed pace. He would be on an extended lead. Do you think this could be too much for him? Is it the equivelent of expecting a human to go from couch potatoe to 30 min jog in one step?

I always take my own dog with me, but she is loose and is well used to the exercise. I don't want to give this little fella a heart attack! What do the experts here think, will he be ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Is there a route you could take that stays close to home? Just keep an eye on him, if he looks too tired or breathless pause for few mins and head back. There's nothing to stop you going off again when you leave him home.

Advertisement