Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNT Delivery issue

Options
  • 02-07-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭

I have a package due from TNT courier - it was meant to arrive wednesday but got 'withheld' because of an address issue even though i received many packages from them before.

On thursday morning, i got a call from the driver asking for directions so i gave them but he never called.
    Then this morning they never called again and the package status changed to
    "Shipment Held In Warehouse. Follow Up Actions Underway."

Im too far away from the depot to pick it up, is there anything i can do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

Keithm89 wrote: »
    I have a package due from TNT courier - it was meant to arrive wednesday but got 'withheld' because of an address issue even though i received many packages from them before.

On thursday morning, i got a call from the driver asking for directions so i gave them but he never called.
    Then this morning they never called again and the package status changed to
    "Shipment Held In Warehouse. Follow Up Actions Underway."

Im too far away from the depot to pick it up, is there anything i can do???

My initial reaction in your situation would be to give TNT a call and find out the actual status etc .. rather than look for random suggestions from an internet forum by people who would just be guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I did yesterday afternoon but just got told it would be here tomorrow (friday)
    I dont want to ring again just to get told it would be here monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

what I was trying to get at is the fact that TNT have your package and only they will know where it is.

Despite all our collective best intentions here we can't really help the issue.

Have you tried contacting TNT and asking for confirmation that it is actually 'out for delivery', if they say yes ask for the Drivers phone number (normally they won't give this out) and then ask can they contact the driver to find out what time he will be with you while you hold. If asked in a nice manner they will more than likely facilitate you.

But at least call TNT, rather than look for Crystal balls to get you answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

But the status on the tracking page has changed since you last rang them, so obviously something is up. What this is, only TNT can answer. I'd ring them right now just in case they get the idea of returning it to sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Asking people on Boards isn't going to tell you what only TNT can tell you. Ring them again. Keep ringing until you get your package.

• Advertisement
Advertisement