Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who of you are still playing C&C games ?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I do a plenty, what about you ?

C&C stand for CommandandConquer

I love them, but my favorite would be Renegade and Kanes Wrath.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Red Alert 2 was my favourite. New ones imo are ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I play Red Alert 2 and 3 the odd time as well as having Tiberian Sun installed on the laptop. Good series but felt slightly disillusioned by Red Alert 3 trying too hard about being zany and getting my arse kicked online. Campaign mode in it was just dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

I still play a bit of Tib Sun when I am bored.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love tiberian sun,anyone up for a game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just got tiberian sun again today(lost the old copy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

enjoying generals and zero hour all over again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 master412160

Anyone playing Kanes Wrath online ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

enjoying generals and zero hour all over again :)

On what OS?

I can't get them to work on Windows 7 64bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Bought the version on the PS3, was really looking forward to playing and it was pants. Was gutted, loved the series, one of the best stratagem games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I bought C&C 4 recently, very disappointing. The gameplay hasn't advanced enough, there are some nice tactical innovations, but it still essentially remains a question of numbers - with a very small bit of rock paper scissors thrown in.

What games aren't just rock/paper/scissors with numbers though, fair question. I'd point to Total War, in which positioning your troops is paramount, as are keeping your army in formation, flanking, etc. C&C doesn't offer that (not that it ever did, but times have moved on).

Also, and I realise that C&C has always been tongue in cheek, its why we liked it, but its just a bit ridiculous in parts these days. The technology, the cutscenes, the storyline... Ah, maybe I've just moved on.

Still, a great series and I loved the first one and Red Alert was an awesome game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The original C&C was great (and its free too still I think), Red Alert was great.

Tiberian Sun was my favourite. In fact, one of my favourite games of all time.

I lost my CD a couple of years ago, but its free the past while, and keep meaning to d/l it. Oh, the hours of college work that didn't get done because of that game...

Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, and Tiberian Sun can be d/l from here

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Red Alert original is champion. Not a fan of RA2 at all, or its sequel. Red Alert/Retaliation was the last true great C&C game in my opinion.

Got Tiberian Sun & Firestorm earlier.

Plays perfectly under Win 7 64bit.

I just finished playing the first couple of missions. Brilliant, addictive stuff! One of those games where you keep playing until you get past the level, and then say "Ah, sure I'll give the next level just one go..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Was playing Red Alert 3 Co-Op campaign a while ago, Some deep strats going on to beat the game on the hardest difficulty, Great fun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The original C&C was great (and its free too still I think), Red Alert was great.

Tiberian Sun was my favourite. In fact, one of my favourite games of all time.

I lost my CD a couple of years ago, but its free the past while, and keep meaning to d/l it. Oh, the hours of college work that didn't get done because of that game...

Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, and Tiberian Sun can be d/l from here

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

There goes my weekend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

On what OS?

I can't get them to work on Windows 7 64bit.

Ive got win 7 64 bit and i play all the c+c games just set them to run in compatibilty mode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

WHAT!? Red alert can be downloaded for free?

I only have one question.

Can I play this multiplayer

I've always wanted to play red alert 1 multiplayer online!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ThatCrazyGuy

Played it tonight :D

Ive got win 7 64 bit and i play all the c+c games just set them to run in compatibilty mode

Tried that and still get directx errors when starting the game.

After a search of the net, it seems there are many people getting the same error too.

Tried that and still get directx errors when starting the game.

After a search of the net, it seems there are many people getting the same error too.

Hmm odd.

I got Tiberian Sun, just extracted it, popped it in the 'Program Files (x86)\EA Games\' folder, and worked like a charm.

Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I did set it to run as administrator though.

Also, be sure to correct the shortcuts if you don't have it on the C drive...

Sisko - yes, they are the full games. Assuming there are still people playing these online that is...

• Advertisement

I'm specifically talking about Generals and Zero Hour which I have the disks for. Have it set to run as administrator and compatibility mode set for the exe and still get errors. Very annoying as they're my favourite C&C games.

Not tried Red Alert 2 on Windows 7 yet, but I imagine it might have issues too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vuegamer

I love command and conquer!! I use to play it 24/7 need to get back into it, anybody know were i could buy this game?

vuegamer wrote: »
    I love command and conquer!! I use to play it 24/7 need to get back into it, anybody know were i could buy this game?

Are you serious? If you read the thread, you will see I posted that the 1st 3 games in the series are free. And I provided the link where to get them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vuegamer

thanks mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm specifically talking about Generals and Zero Hour which I have the disks for. Have it set to run as administrator and compatibility mode set for the exe and still get errors. Very annoying as they're my favourite C&C games.

I go back to Generals and ZH every now and again, but have upgraded to Win7 x64 recently, and haven't tried to install or play since. Must have a go again some day soon. You can't beat a bit of skirmish with the GLA.

Have you run the installer as administrator and in compatibility mode? Might be worth trying. Another thing to do might be to install Windows XP Mode on Windows 7 (virtual machine) and install the game in that.

Advertisement