Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin zoo

Options
  • 02-07-2010 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Im Organizing a trip to the zoo.We're getting the train up to connolly station and I hear theres a bus station nearby....does anyone know what bus specfically to get at say 11 in morning? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the number 10 will take you directly to the zoo, but its from o connell street

What about the Luas to Heuston? Probably around a 15-20 minute walk from there, if even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

http://www.phoenixpark.ie/visitorinformation/phoenixparkshuttlebus/

You can take the LUAS to Heuston and pick up the Shuttle bus, will leave you right at the Zoological Gardens! This is the only bus service that actually goes into the park. Check the times though it seems infrequent, but probably a good option if you are travelling with young children. Otherwise, I'd say you'd walk form Heuston in about 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the number 10 will take you directly to the zoo, but its from o connell street

not anymore. It stops outside the park these days. but it's not too much of a walk.

see here for route and click on map to see stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I see. How long would the luas/shuttle bus option take to get there? Btw its just me and a few friends no small kids. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

The Luas probably take about 10mins, the bus about 5, I haven't taken the bus before, its nti a very long walk so the bus can't take that long. The Luas is pretty regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Don't bother with the bus imo, it's only a 15 minute stroll from Heuston to the Zoo!

now that I think of it would a taxi not do? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Jaafa wrote: »
    now that I think of it would a taxi not do? :/

Yea... if there's four or five of you it might be worth getting a cab. Wouldn't cost much more than a tenner, I think...

Far handier.

Yeah there should be. Taxi it is so. Thanks everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I live not too far from there and ten might be a bit optimistic on the taxi price, but it will be fast enough

Advertisement