Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed please! Secondary Teaching

Options
  • 02-07-2010 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone :)
    I have been all over the internet searching for information on this matter and i am exhausted with dead ends,im praying that someone can advise me.im hoping im in the right place..
    I have an BA Hons in Fine art and am hoping to get my Hdip in Teaching this year, my plan is to finish college,do a years experience then apply for my visa to emigrate to OZ.

I have a few questions,sorry this is so long

1 :The school year, what happens during the summer,are teachers still "employed" with the school? I need 12 months experience in 24 and as the school year covers Sept to June,does that mean i would have to be re-employed the following year and work the two full years in Ireland before i would be able to apply for my visa?
    (I am concerned i may get stuck in a vicious circle of being employed 1 yr and possibly loose out the next and have to start from scratch again etc)

2: How many paid hours a week do secondary school teachers work? I am hearing a maximum of 22, but surely that cant be true?
    I need a minimum of 20 per week for my visa but im worried that a new teacher may work considerably fewer initially.

3:Also i know im probably fooling myself thinking i will get work straight away in this climate but does anyone know what chances i actually will have? Will a move to England have to be on the cards?

Please please please if anyone can help me at all with these questions****
    Thanks a million**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭swatki

Hi Im just wondering have you got your Hdip and what your experience was of it and visa issues so far ?
    Thank you

Advertisement