Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic Containers

Options
  • 02-07-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Would anybody know where I could get 3 or 4 large plastic containers.
    Free or Cheap! Around the size of old style dustbin (not wheelie bin)
    Had a look in woodies B&Q etc, bins are around E20each.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Dunnes is always worth a try...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

GUFC2009 wrote: »
    Free or Cheap!
    Had a look in woodies B&Q etc, bins are around E20each.
    Thanks

Welcome to "Boards.ie" When your too Lazy to search Google/Research, or too "cheap" to pay for stuff you want/need!
    Brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

JayMcD wrote: »
    Welcome to "Boards.ie" When your too Lazy to search Google/Research, or too "cheap" to pay for stuff you want/need!
    Brilliant!!

Thank you, mr expert with 75 posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Brilliant!!

Play nicely please, the GC forum is full of requests like the OP's.

/moderation.

I agree, but, ya get kinda sick of ppl who wont spend 2 mins of there own time doing their own research, its far too easy to just blab it on boards and let everyone else come to you and give you all the answers.

And that too can be abused. as is often done, and becoming very annoying.

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    Thank you, mr expert with 75 posts :rolleyes:

really? are you serious?
    the amount of posts declares your credablity?
    Just curious.

You might, others don't, it's not your place to make the decision, simply put, if you aren't interested, or don't want to help, ignore the thread. Takes far less effort to read it and hit the back button, than read it it, hit reply and type out a little missive, deploring the posting of the thread in the first place. We like things friendly around here, let's keep it that way.

/moderation.

Any more off topic posts and posting privileges will be removed.

/moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I'm having a look around town tomorrow for some containers, to keep my sweaty gym clothes and other stuff for washing in, so I don't get overcome by the smell during the night or something. :D

If I see anything like what you were looking for I'll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

The company I work for have large bins removed from the site by a recycling company quite regularly. You could try ringing a few of those and see if you can blag a freebie. Cara Waste are the company we use, as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GUFC2009

Brilliant!!

Maybe, Oh wise one, you can tell me how you do all your wonderful research?? Pleaseeeeeeeeee
    Hi,

I need to get a laser which projects a straight line, where in galway could i get one? I know whats in Maplin and Woodies / B&Q, (the laser level etc) does anyone know where in galway sells key chain lasers or better still, straight line lasers, both green and red.

thanks

Jay
    Does anyone know how much the Kingfisher in the NUIG is for a student with a student card?

I take it Google wasn't working on these particular days?:D:D:D
    or are you just too lazy?
    really? are you serious?
    the amount of posts declares your credablity?
    Just curious.
    I presume you mean, credibility? If so, then no the amount of posts has nothing to do with it, but the hypocrisy of your posts has everything to do with it.

I agree, but, ya get kinda sick of ppl who wont spend 2 mins of there own time doing their own research, its far too easy to just blab it on boards and let everyone else come to you and give you all the answers.

And that too can be abused. as is often done, and becoming very annoying.

At least we have one thing in common...we both think you are very annoying.

A neigbour is fundraising for a charity & was on the look out for some cheap/free containers. I thought it might be woth a shout here rather than giving €80 of hard gathered cash to a shop. Have any idea of the effort that goes into trying to raise €80?

Thanks to all for yor helpful replies.
    fergiesfolly could be on to a winner. A couple of the recycling people may be able to sort us out. Have to check them out monday to see if they have anything suitable. Cheers.

1: I did alotta research regarding "straight line" lasers, wanted to buy locally, mainly to support local economy, rather than buy online, last option boards.

2:Kingfisher dont advertise thier prices, so, ya gotta ask as alotta ppl here have posted regarding gym membership, (after alotta research)!

3: spelling? did you understand what I said? ya... thats all you needed to do.

4: awwww, fund raiseing, awwww arent you so so so good, funny how you never mentioned that when you said "I" am looking for... "I" know where they are, but "I" dont wanna pay for them...

5: spending time researching my posts? try fund raising with your time, ya might just get that €80.

PS. Boards.ie isn't a place to advertise Galway United, games, kick off, ticket sales, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GUFC2009

1. I believe you, thousands wouldn't. Wanted to buy locally, support the Galway economy...but why didn't you mention that in your first post?

2. http://www.kingfisherclub.com/membership.html
    Enquire today by completing our online Membership Enquiry form.
    But then again to quote yourself "its far too easy to just blab it on boards and let everyone else come to you and give you all the answers"

3. Spelling!! While you are on the subject have a look here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=231026
    Number 10.

4. Trouble with reading & spelling perhaps? Problems understanding what I said? Please point out where I said I was fundraising & I will be delighted to correct this false information.

5. Maybe you should have researched my posts before you posted. You would'nt have had to return to add in a little bit at the end ;)

6. As was pointed out to you earlier in this thread, it is not your decision to make, what people can or cannot post on boards. If the mods or people who use boards have a problem with any of my posts I'm sure they will let me know, just like they let you know you don't decide what can be posted.

Do as I say, not as I do!!!!!
    Any other queries, don't hesitate, I will be only too happy to clarify them for you, if I can.

Any more b*tching and you'll both be taking a week off.

If you have a problem with a post, report the post, otherwise ignore it, this is not a forum for personal spats.

/moderation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Hope you find what you're lookin for and glad I could help. You might comes back on here and let us know what the charity is and what ye're organising for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

1: I did alotta research regarding "straight line" lasers, wanted to buy locally, mainly to support local economy, rather than buy online, last option boards.

While you were searching for a source for these, did you come across any that project a crooked line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Do you need them for anything in particular OP, I could get you as many 2L plastic icecream type tubs as you want for nowt, but that mightn't be any help if you really need something bin-sized.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 niall1980

hi, i often have empty 20/25 lt drums and am happy to get rid of them for free if you need them and hapier if they are put to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

There's a bargain basement type place on the Tuam Road next door to Western Cellular selling bins for about €12 each; they're the stainless ones similar to those in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

I appreciated all the helpful responses to the OP. If we can help one another locate items for less money...or better yet free...that's always a good thing. Also, reusing items instead of purchasing new products is great. I'll keep these tips in mind should I also need the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement