Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help

Options
  • 02-07-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for help with a teenager that is stealing from her mother, she is sixteen. I have tried everything except going to the guards which i am reluctant to do but at this stage i might have to.

I have to have my bag with me at all times the whole thing is very upsetting and disheartening at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

You need to take the direct route and confront her about it. Ask her to explain why she is doing it, in her own words (much of the time she won't be able to articulate it, but it will force her to actually think about what she is doing and face up to the fact that she is doing it). Explain clearly the situation her stealing puts you in, and the choice you are faced with if it continues (in this case, bringing the Gardai into it).

Then see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Gardai. Sorry but I've experience of something similar, the money is probably needed for something which is what would worry me more. Confront her and then see what you think.

Advertisement