Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Cannot Play Gear Of War 2 Online? Other Games Work Fine.

• 02-07-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hello all, I'm hoping someone here might be able solve a problem that's been driving me nuts! I've been on Xbox Live for about a month now, and never has a problem playing games online. MW2 works perfectly, along with tons of arcade games. However, matchmaking in Gears of War 2 does not. When I go into raked match it say "Searching for Players..." and stays like that.
    I've waited a good fifteen minutes a few times. Sometimes it finds one or two players but never enough for a match. I can play campaign online co-op and horde with my friends no problem, but when they matchmake at the same time as me, they can't find a match either! Here are some of the specifics:
    • My Router is the one Eircom gave me about a year ago: A Motorola Netopia 2247-62. It does not appear to support DMZ or UPnP. I'm aware I'm not the first person ton have problems with this router, but don't have money for a new one right now.
    • I've turned off the Router's firewall and that did not help.
    • I've given the 360 a static IP address, and forwarded all the ports mentioned here
    I've tried searching online, but because there was matchmaking problems when the game came out, I can't find anything on Google like my problem. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm hoping someone here might be able solve a problem that's been driving me nuts! I've been on Xbox Live for about a month now, and never has a problem playing games online. MW2 works perfectly, along with tons of arcade games. However, matchmaking in Gears of War 2 does not. When I go into raked match it say "Searching for Players..." and stays like that.
    I've waited a good fifteen minutes a few times. Sometimes it finds one or two players but never enough for a match. I can play campaign online co-op and horde with my friends no problem, but when they matchmake at the same time as me, they can't find a match either! Here are some of the specifics:
    • My Router is the one Eircom gave me about a year ago: A Motorola Netopia 2247-62. It does not appear to support DMZ or UPnP. I'm aware I'm not the first person ton have problems with this router, but don't have money for a new one right now.
    • I've turned off the Router's firewall and that did not help.
    • I've given the 360 a static IP address, and forwarded all the ports mentioned here
    I've tried searching online, but because there was matchmaking problems when the game came out, I can't find anything on Google like my problem. Any help is appreciated.

Your NAT type might be set to strict. I have the same problem while I am in college and that is the reason for it happening there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Connavar wrote: »
    Your NAT type might be set to strict. I have the same problem while I am in college and that is the reason for it happening there.
    For some unfathomable reason, in the email I got NAT reads TNS, which I only thought could be this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparent_Network_Substrate :confused::confused:
    MW2 says it's open, and since all the ports are forwarded it should be. Also, when you test live now it alerts you if it's set to strict, since I turned off port forwarding in part of my testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

For some unfathomable reason, in the email I got NAT reads TNS

That was me having a tired moment:D
    Sorry for causing the confusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BazzVanChazz

change your locale from ireland to united kingdom and you will have no problem finding games.

Really? Will try it tomorrow!

EDIT: Didn't work.

After searching on the Epic Games forums, it looks like this is a problem with the latest update. Also, matchmaking worked for one of my mates before and he tried it last night and it wasn't working for him either. So now basically I want to get in contact with Epic Games and see when a fix will be released. Missed the tick tick boom event :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Rather than start a new thread I may aswell post my woes in here. Having similar problems, cannot find games whatsoever.

I was playing fine online, finding games etc etc since that big update about 6 weeks ago. Just yesterday I bought the All Fronts Collection and when I started the game it asked for an update (which I thought was odd as the last one was major and not too long ago). Now what's happened is not only can I not find any games, but all my achievements, unlocks etc within the game are gone and I'm back at rank 1 in mp. The achievements are still unlocked within my profile but the game does not acknoledge this or any or other progress I made with the game. Everything is reset.

Anyone any ideas why this happened?

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread I may aswell post my woes in here. Having similar problems, cannot find games whatsoever.

I was playing fine online, finding games etc etc since that big update about 6 weeks ago. Just yesterday I bought the All Fronts Collection and when I started the game it asked for an update (which I thought was odd as the last one was major and not too long ago). Now what's happened is not only can I not find any games, but all my achievements, unlocks etc within the game are gone and I'm back at rank 1 in mp. The achievements are still unlocked within my profile but the game does not acknoledge this or any or other progress I made with the game. Everything is reset.

Anyone any ideas why this happened?
    I bought all fronts as well, but I never played a match online before buying it so I can't confirm if that's the reason. A lot of people are in the same boat, a lot having the game freeze or not being able play with their profile http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=733813

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Play Gears one its better anyway. Gears 2 is like playing fight night. Also I heard a couple of my friends say that had this problem aswell.

I changed my locale to UK and it has remedied the problem somewhat. Still dosn't fix the fact all my progress in the game/online has been lost :(

I changed my locale to UK and it has remedied the problem somewhat. Still dosn't fix the fact all my progress in the game/online has been lost :(
    Was United Kingdom the direct wording you used? Tried that and "Manchester, United Kingdom" (Have a great ping for there) but no dice. Epic seems to have said nothing on the matter, and has simply closed a few threads on the topic. It's real bull****.

• Advertisement

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Play Gears one its better anyway. Gears 2 is like playing fight night. Also I heard a couple of my friends say that had this problem aswell.
    I bought the map packs for gears 2 and want to use them though :(

Was United Kingdom the direct wording you used? Tried that and "Manchester, United Kingdom" (Have a great ping for there) but no dice. Epic seems to have said nothing on the matter, and has simply closed a few threads on the topic. It's real bull****.

Ah, you only changed it in your Xbox Live profile i gather? If you go to "settings", "console" on the dashboard theres a "Language and locale" section with a pre-determined list of countries. My profile still says "Dublin, Ireland" but my actual console is set to UK

Ah, you only changed it in your Xbox Live profile i gather? If you go to "settings", "console" on the dashboard theres a "Language and locale" section with a pre-determined list of countries. My profile still says "Dublin, Ireland" but my actual console is set to UK
    Oh really? Other guides said that you just needed to change the location, shall try this, thanks!

Oh really? Other guides said that you just needed to change the location, shall try this, thanks!

Yeah you just change your console's country settings rather than your profile's. When you change it you'll be logged out and back into XBL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Rawr, I bought All Fronts and can't get a single game in this 25XP event :(

Advertisement