Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

recurrent genital warts

• 02-07-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a 35 year old female who was diagnosed with genital warts in April of this year. Had them treated in local sti clinic, 3 bouts of cryo and 2 weeks of Warticon. The warts went away fairly quickly and was given the all clear by the clinic, although I knew they could come back.

Literally less than a week later they were back. Another 2 weeks of warticon and they cleared again. Once again, approx. 1 week later they were back. This time went to my gp who prescribed Aldara cream in the hope that would keep them at bay a bit longer than previous treatments.

After 3 applications of Aldara developed extremely painful sores so stopped using it. Back on warticon now.

Not looking for medical advice here, just wondering about other people's experiences with recurrent warts. I'm particularily concerned by the fact that they return so quickly after treatment. Has anybody experienced this before? I'm worried that this indicates that I'll have a lot of trouble clearing them for good and they'll keep returning in the future.

I'm doing all the things that I've been told to by clinic to help my body deal with the virus but it doesn't seem to be working. I don't smoke, take regular exercise, take high doses of vit c daily and multivits. To be honest I'm starting to dispair and I'm terrified that they'll never clear for good.
    Also any experiences with Aldara? Is it worth the side effects?

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of responses. There is obviously an explanation for all of this, but figuring out what it is is the difficult part. Does reading this help: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/HELP-Recurrent-Genital-Warts-and-HPV-HSV-Questions/show/457755

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi dispairig, i really feel for you, it's a horrible problem :(

lemon oil is a natural remedy that i've used for all kinds of warts (including genital) that always works and the warts have not recurred after treatment with it, but you need to be really, really, really careful with it as it will burn healthy skin and can be painful!!

you can pick some up in a health food shop, you'll find it in the same place as things like lavender and eucalyptus oils. if you dab some on a cotton bud and apply to the wart twice a day (once in the morning, once in the evening) it should help to burn the wart away. i'm not sure if it's a good idea to use together with something like warticon though to be very honest, you might want to ask about that.

this has worked for both myself and a friend who had the same problem (when she went back to her doctor for an exam her doc was amazed with what a good job the lemon oil had done!).

but please, like i said, be really careful, don't use too much and try your best to keep it away from healthy skin. i hope it works for you.

remember to keep your immune system in top notch too so make sure you're not just taking the vitamin c, but eating really well too :)

Advertisement