Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardai, Government, Privately owned Corporations. Enslavement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

was alice who said they have none. Ask him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

you just showed in your last post that they have none.

you just showed in your last post that they have none.

But they act like they do, thats the point chips. :D

Thanks again. I couldn't have done it without your assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

You still don't get it - do you?
    'Senior Judges are generally appointed from the ranks of members of the Bar'

'the bar council appoint judges'

and the AG get's his authority form the government of the day, as laid out in article 30 of the constitution.

rocky4-2-760821.jpg

But they act like they do

in what way exactly? you still haven't shown a single thing the bar council has authority over?

alastair wrote: »
    You still don't get it - do you?
    'Senior Judges are generally appointed from the ranks of members of the Bar'

'the bar council appoint judges'

and the AG get's his authority form the government of the day, as laid out in article 30 of the constitution.

This is what i'm talking about, your team is contradicting eachother.

Get it together

in what way exactly? you still haven't shown a single thing the bar council has authority over?

As alice just said... the authority to appoint judges. :rolleyes:

But they act like they do, thats the point chips.

Oh really, because that's not you stated earlier - let's recap:

(The Bar)-
    No authority except internally ?
    nope - they don't.
    Judges are appointed by members of the bar council.
    nope - they aren't
    So a private association, "Bar Council", who you claim have no authority except internally, ,can appoint a judge who has authority over me?
    nope - still can't.
    And the bar council appoint judges who act like they have authority over us...
    nope - still not getting it.
    So, all judges (as I pointed out earlier) are members of the bar council. (Who have no real authority).
    nope - none are members of the Bar, and some never were.
    The bar council, who have no authority select their best barristers, their names go into a hat and the president picks some names out.

So, someone with no authority gets to judge me.
    nope - still not getting it. No pick, no hat, no role in choosing judges. A single barrister sits on the committee that makes judge nominations, but they're there as a barrister, not their representative body.
    the Judicial Appointments Advisory Board are bar council members.
    Some are, more aren't.
    Obviously, the point is.. The Bar Council, being a private association with no authority to operate legally or constitutionally, are somehow in a position to present perspective judges who claim authority over me/you.
    Obviously not.
    I am a lot right and you know it.
    No, and no again.
    You all seem to be contradicting eachother.
    No contradiction - a consistent explanation of the facts on the ground.

Now - how does the Bar 'act' as if it has some mysterious authority over judges?

It's over lads.

rocky4-2-760821.jpg

• Advertisement

There seems to b a lot of in fighting in your camp.

Come back when you have your story straight.

This is what i'm talking about, your team is contradicting eachother.

Get it together

Oh dear.

The top quote is from the Bar council website - as cut and pasted by you - and is absolutely correct.

The second quote is from a post by you and is absolutely incorrect.

Nothing quoted from anyone else. No contradictions (except in your fevered imagination).

you've been proved wrong on just about every point so far talkiewalkie. are your levels of delusion that strong :confused:

Senior Judges are generally appointed from the ranks of members of the Bar
    http://www.barcouncil.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/aboutus/irishbar.asp&CatID=1&m=a

That's all you need to know lads.

They seem to have authority to appoint judges.

rocky4-2-760821.jpgrocky4-2-760821.jpgrocky4-2-760821.jpg

are you incapable of understanding that having the authority to appoint someone and having someone appointed from your ranks are two different things?

Senior Judges are generally appointed from the ranks of members of the Bar
    http://www.barcouncil.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/aboutus/irishbar.asp&CatID=1&m=a

That's all you need to know lads.

They seem to have authority to appoint judges.

It might 'seem' that way to you, but not to anyone who actually reads the terms of reference for the Bar, or the Judicial Appointments Advisory Board.

And can you understand why the AG can act as lawyer for the State in virtually all civil litigation in which the State or its officers are official parties. ?

This is so over. Were going in circles now. I have won this argument over and over. Im going to another thread for a while.

Get it together lads, your comin across desperate

• Advertisement

I have won this argument over and over.

and you have proved what exactly...

And can you understand why the AG can act as lawyer for the State in virtually all civil litigation in which the State or its officers are official parties. ?

Sure - they are appointed by the democratically elected government of the day under the terms of article 30 of the constitution. The Bar plays no role in the appointment (even f 'seems' that way to you). The AG's authority lies in the consent of the people.

This is so over. Were going in circles now. I have won this argument over and over. Im going to another thread for a while.

Get it together lads, your comin across like donks

Here's the Stallone pic worthy of your famous (if delusional) 'victory':

0327_wtf_faces_03_full.jpg

Sure - they are appointed by the democratically elected government of the day under the terms of article 30 of the constitution. The Bar plays no role in the appointment (even f 'seems' that way to you). The AG's authority lies in the consent of the people.

I think i can handle this one for you walkietalkie.
    Because he was a member of the bar council :rolleyes:

rocky4-2-760821.jpg

Yet the AG is always a member of the bar council.

and in your world of delusion that must mean the bar council has some sort of external authority?

• Advertisement

It's over lads.

rocky4-2-760821.jpg

On appointment he takes an oversight position on the Bar - that doesn't mean the AG has to be a member to be appointed.

I'm surprised you haven't gone the whole hog and just go straight to the top: The president is an ex Bar member, as was her predecessor (and Cearbhall Ó Dálaigh). And they sign off on judicial appointments. It's a conspiracy I tell you!!

On appointment he takes an oversight position on the Bar - that doesn't mean the AG has to be a member to be appointed.

Ok, if I can prove that wrong, will you accept that I win ?

Again

Public service
    Barristers have a strong tradition of public service. Many barristers have been members of Dáil and Seanad Éireann. The Attorney General is always a member of the Bar

It's over

rocky4-2-760821.jpg

• Advertisement

Ok, if I can prove that wrong, will you accept that I win ?

You can't because it's a fact - there's nothing to stop a solicitor being appointed AG.

Again

Public service
    Barristers have a strong tradition of public service. Many barristers have been members of Dáil and Seanad Éireann. The Attorney General is always a member of the Bar

It's over

Again - comprehension fail time.

Again

Public service

It's over

zzzz zzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

Even if you had been correct the whole discussion was about the Bar Council having no external authority which you were proved wrong about relentlessly. So eh, you lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Their's technically nothing to stop Coco the Clown being appointed AG either. Government fiat.

TalkieWalkie could even get the top job perfectly legally, but he wouldn't realistically be considered on account of zero legal knowledge.* Amongst other things he has a dearth of.

* Note: Barristers tending to have what kind of knowledge of the law? Answer: More than most other people! I can't believe this is getting so cretinous.

zzzz zzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

Yep you can keep posting the same cutting, and fail to understand what it's saying, and it's as boring to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Scarab80

Again

Public service
    Barristers have a strong tradition of public service. Many barristers have been members of Dáil and Seanad Éireann.
    The Attorney General is always a member of the Bar

It's over

I see your webpage and raise you a constitution.
    THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
    Article 30
    1. There shall be an Attorney General who shall be the adviser of the Government in matters of law and legal opinion, and shall exercise and perform all such powers, functions and duties as are conferred or imposed on him by this Constitution or by law.
    2. The Attorney General shall be appointed by the President on the nomination of the Taoiseach.
    3. All crimes and offences prosecuted in any court constituted under Article 34 of this Constitution other than a court of summary jurisdiction shall be prosecuted in the name of the People and at the suit of the Attorney General or some other person authorised in accordance with law to act for that purpose.
    4. The Attorney General shall not be a member of the Government.
    5. 1° The Attorney General may at any time resign from office by placing his resignation in the hands of the Taoiseach for submission to the President.
    2° The Taoiseach may, for reasons which to him seem sufficient, request the resignation of the Attorney General.
    3° In the event of failure to comply with the request, the appointment of the Attorney General shall be terminated by the President if the Taoiseach so advises.
    4° The Attorney General shall retire from office upon the resignation of the Taoiseach, but may continue to carry on his duties until the successor to the Taoiseach shall have been appointed.
    6. Subject to the foregoing provisions of this Article, the office of Attorney General, including the remuneration to be paid to the holder of the office, shall be regulated by law.

Not a mention of the bar council.

donkey%20oatie%20image.jpg

Scarab80 wrote: »
    I see your webpage and raise you a constitution.

Not a mention of the bar council.

I posted that a while ago..

Slan

donkey%20oatie%20image.jpg

What age are you again?

• Advertisement

Slan

You're not trolling are? Surely you're not making a mockery of the very important work done in this forum are you?

Slan

http://ezinearticles.com/?Cognitive-Dissonance,-Do-You-Think-It-Isnt-Influencing-You?-You-May-Be-Surprised&id=759891

Seriously, take a read, it can have some very profound effects.

You're not trolling are? Surely you're not making a mockery of the very important work done in this forum are you?

I thought the insults were a good obvious signal you were getting frustrated that you were losing the argument, but now your pulling rank ?

lol

Not I'm not trolling are.

nah, that's just when i'm exasperated by either your level of delusion or inability to understand things. now i'm just making fun of you.

Won't anyone buy my President/Bar Council conspiracy?

It makes much more sense than the flaccid AG one, and you get to link it into the NWO, Zionists, Yankee devils, UN, black helicopters and all sorts of good stuff. I'm giving you gold here, gold!

Won't anyone buy my President/Bar Council conspiracy?

It makes much more sense than the flaccid AG one, and you get to link it into the NWO, Zionists, Yankee devils, UN, black helicopters and all sorts of good stuff. I'm giving you gold here, gold!

Miinister for Finance is a barrister, the Taoiseach is a solicitor ergo the entire legal profession in Ireland is descended from the Elders of Zion financed to the tune of 500 trillion dollars by the de Rothschild family?

nah, that's just when i'm exasperated by either your level of delusion or inability to understand things. now i'm just making fun of you.

That's good to know. Let's not forget about your delusions either, your delusions of grandeur, You are a moderator of a forum, you have real power and authority too. Obviously you are single, you spend so much time here and the rest is spent on your obsession of gambling and poker. No woman (or man) would put up with that kind of as shole.

Anyway, it's always nice to be nice, so have a nice lonely debt.

You are a moderator of a forum, you have real power and authority too.

There you go again - confusing the notion of internal and external authority. Is this a poker forum? Nope. It's the GAA/Beekeeper analogy all over again.

That's good to know. Let's not forget about your delusions either, your delusions of grandeur, You are a moderator of a forum, you have real power and authority too. Obviously you are single, you spend so much time here and the rest is spent on your obsession of gambling and poker. No woman (or man) would put up with that kind of as shole.

Anyway, it's always nice to be nice, so have a nice lonely debt.

You need to work on your cold reading skills.

• Advertisement

You need to work on your cold reading skills.

Really ?

No aggressive reply this time ?

Why the sudden change of attitude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement