Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn and Porterhouse Brews

Options
  • 02-07-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭

I was in the Superquinn in Rathborne today and was pleasantly stunned to see that they had bottled Porterhouse brews on sale!

They had Plain, Brain Blasta and Hersbrucker all on sale for €1.99 a 330ml bottle.

Sorry if this is old news but I didn't even realise that the Porterhouse sold bottled versions of their brews in off-licences :)

Off to the local Superquinn in Lucan for the weekly shop soon so I'll be checking if they have any in stock there.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Heroditas wrote: »
    I was in the Superquinn in Rathborne today and was pleasantly stunned to see that they had bottled Porterhouse brews on sale!

They had Plain, Brain Blasta and Hersbrucker all on sale for €1.99 a 330ml bottle.

Sorry if this is old news but I didn't even realise that the Porterhouse sold bottled versions of their brews in off-licences :)

Off to the local Superquinn in Lucan for the weekly shop soon so I'll be checking if they have any in stock there.

They also have them in the Cletic Whiskey Shop, I've noticed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Have them in Superquinn in Waterford too so would guess it's all over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Pretty pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Don't have them in SQ ranelagh, awful selection of beers there, they used to have O'haras ale but not anymore. Redmonds have 5 porterhouse for a tenner which is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

they also have them @ Sweeneys

5 ( i think 330ml) for €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Picked up a few bottles at €1.99 each from Superquinn in Portlaoise on sat, although the Brainblasta was €2.19. Great stuff, never thought I'd be able buy craft beer in Portlaoise, and at such a good price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Oyster & Red as well is available. Bought a few on the range of different beers in Superquinn, Finglas to show my support for the p'house despite the pricing been a bit on the high side.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

5 for a €10 doesn't seem over the odds to me but maybe I'm just thick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

You can get some of them in the Bull & Castle as off sales before 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

mayordenis wrote: »
    5 for a €10 doesn't seem over the odds to me but maybe I'm just thick

Well most other 500ml bottles from other brands do be 2 quid hence this range feels a little on high side.

Anyway, not all Superquinns have the range. Superquinn in Ranelagh do not have them in case anyone heads that way. However Redmonds across the road do!

• Advertisement
Advertisement