Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

excellent service from eircom!!

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Eircom are absolute $hite. Took me six weeks to get my broadband connected, and working. It stopped working a month later and took another week to get it serviced. I have had the connection for a total of two and half months, and its not exactly cheap.

Nothing makes me want to scrath my eyeballs out more than their horrible automated computer answering machine.

And they have awful internal communication between departments (broadband and line faults etc). I got 4 text messages saying my initial logged fault had been corrected following a line test, which it hadnt been. Had to re-log the fault 4 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Just had a ericom rep at the door promising 8mb symmetrical and 1:1 for less then 40 quid a month, anyone else has someone at the door spouting this rubbish?

They also asked to come in to check the socket :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

For anyone who thinks Eircoms service is good, its only because they dragged the standard so far below the bar and made it virtually impossible for other ISPS to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

nuxxx wrote: »
    For anyone who thinks Eircoms service is good, its only because they dragged the standard so far below the bar and made it virtually impossible for other ISPS to compete.

Looks like UPC are the only real competition - at least eircom cant monoplolise that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dottie69

ingen wrote: »
    hats off to eircom!

2 days ago i was with vodafone for calls and broadband , line was moved to eircom yesterday. i ordered broadband with eircom today as i had not selected a broadband package with eircom, and broadband was not active on the line before the move... its active now a few hrs later! and very good ,

a quick call to their tech support to tweak the line to its max speed, done it over the phone, and excellent service from them.

very happy with service from them and from order it was about3 hrs for broadband to be active!!. amazing!!

Your obviously in the mythical urban lands of broadband fantasy the rest of us just dream of. I have Eircom Broadband FWA as its all that is available. . . my upload today 0.06kbs, download 0.47kbs. .. Yes I did say I'm paying for a BROADband service, unsupprted but still able to charge. Wait buddy, just wait. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones but I've been using eircom's broadband since its first generation many moons ago and to be honest I've transitioned to other providers as I moved around from place to place and those providers I had countless issues with, but each time I've used Eircom I've never had a problem, granted there is the odd short outage, but that's to be expected.
    Eircom are expensive, but lets face it you pay for what you get.. cheap broadband is exactly that, cheap..

I'll outline my experiences here.

late 90's = 1/2 mb bb with eircom (cost a fortune but worked perfectly for years)

Changed to Irish broadband (crap from day one, contention and backhaul sucked so never got what I paid for)

changed to BT dsl, sucked from day one again contention issues.
    back to eircom.. (worked like a charm from day one)

moved to another appartment, got Irish broadband.
    (I'm a sucker for punishment.. although we had two lines running from the location so worked out that we swapped as service sucked on one line to the next)

moved to new house: got Irishbroadband (no phone line installed as yet) -> got rid of irishbroadband.

Now today have eircom DSL 7MB in the house 2 years on, no problems ever!. no speed issues and no ping issues while playing games.

Tried Wi-max when it came available in the area (thankfully didn't move our phone service as I gave back the wimax box back 30 minutes after getting it.. rubbish service! check the thread in midband to understand more)

and today I'm happily using Eircom and pay a few quid more...why??.. because it just works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

thats good that you have a good experiance with eircom but alot of people have not eircom are also the reason this country is like a third world broadband country !!incompetent fools they ripp you off the other providers are cheaper but they always have problems and its so odd when you get eircom it usually works better than other me thinks eircom are sabotaging other providers by limiting speeds that customers on other proivders get!!
    i had one outage when using eircom the time their DNS was hacked and they left us in the dark about what was happening ..i dont like them all that much to be honest way to over priced if this country has any hope of getting proper broadband ill be counting on UPC to do this and i hope they do im sick of the way eircom run things!!

Advertisement