Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Battery Recommendations

• 02-07-2010 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have a Ducato 2.8 id TD Camper
    The battery in the engine needs replacement (I think) and also the leisure battery.
    Any ideas on capacity and types for both would be a great help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

My Ducato 2.8 engine battery is a Bosch(S3 013) 90Ah which I purchased in a local motor factors last year, I think it was around €100ish
    Leisure battery is Powerlite 85Amp Leisure which has been in MH since before I purchased it 4 years ago. Still going strong and kept on trickle charge with a 20watt panel on the roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭619C

stapeler wrote: »
    My Ducato 2.8 engine battery is a Bosch(S3 013) 90Ah which I purchased in a local motor factors last year, I think it was around €100ish
    Leisure battery is Powerlite 85Amp Leisure which has been in MH since before I purchased it 4 years ago. Still going strong and kept on trickle charge with a 20watt panel on the roof.

Thanks for the info stapeler.
    I want to avoid overcharging the leisure battery and I thought that the internal unit should do that but it might not be.
    When I had the mains hooked up to it for a few weeks it seems to have been charging the leisure battery all the time.
    I will have to look at it in more detail but thanks again - its good to know what values i should be using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 joncollier

For a leisure battery look a Elecsol, there the best.

Advertisement