Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mondeo mk3 owners Q, Air Con..

• 02-07-2010 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

lads,

can anyone tell me if the revs kick in when the AC is turned on, I thought they should..? I got my AC gassed today after fitting a pipe that was leaking, the clutch was not engaging on the AC side and yer man said fix the clutch and come back and I will check the gas again.

so now the clutch is working, must be a lose connection or something, but im not sure if the AC works, it seems cold alright, but the revs don't jump up like I thought they should..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Mine doesn't. Can't see why it should, any car I've with aircon didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Depends.. I had a honda accord that did.. and a Land Rover Discovery that (although who knows with an LR!!). Non e of my other cars have.. especially the diesels... could be pure coincidence though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

si_guru wrote: »
    Depends.. I had a honda accord that did.. and a Land Rover Discovery that (although who knows with an LR!!). Non e of my other cars have.. especially the diesels... could be pure coincidence though!

hmm, thats good so..! (otherwise it might be shagged!!), I think I gotta head back to the AC guy again for more gas, he will do it for free as it wasn't kicking in today for him.

that should hopefully do it, I had hondas and the revs kicked in on them when AC was on.

75e for refill, good or bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

75e for refill, good or bad?

I paid £49 in the UK a few weeks ago... so €75 doesn't sound too bad.

ya, not bad. I paid around the same a few years ago only to find a pipe was f***ed..!

I looked at it just now and noticed the pulley for the AC clutch spins around when the AC is on (as expected) but it stops and starts intermittently, is this normal behavior, or should it be always on?

• Advertisement

ya, not bad. I paid around the same a few years ago only to find a pipe was f***ed..!

I looked at it just now and noticed the pulley for the AC clutch spins around when the AC is on (as expected) but it stops and starts intermittently, is this normal behavior, or should it be always on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

there's a brief jump in revs if you are sitting stationery when i switch on mine, but it's not noticable unless watching the rev counter.

At idle shouldn't the revs drop a tad, much like when you turn on your headlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

No,the revs should rise a bit to compensate for the AC pump's drag,so you don't stall the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

I looked at it just now and noticed the pulley for the AC clutch spins around when the AC is on (as expected) but it stops and starts intermittently, is this normal behavior, or should it be always on?[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    This Is normal behavior for the Mondeo,my 2 mondeos do this & my last one also;)
    Its called a cycling clutch

• Advertisement
Advertisement