Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Card

Options
  • 02-07-2010 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm going to Turkey tomorrow, and I have two questions relating to my AIB Laser Card.

(1) is there a charge for withdrawing money in Turkey from an ATM or am I only charged the official currency rate

(2) Am I better off getting money off my laser out there, or getting it changed in the airport (sorta links into the first question regarding charges)

cheers,

Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Kevin! wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm going to Turkey tomorrow, and I have two questions relating to my AIB Laser Card.

(1) is there a charge for withdrawing money in Turkey from an ATM or am I only charged the official currency rate

(2) Am I better off getting money off my laser out there, or getting it changed in the airport (sorta links into the first question regarding charges)

cheers,

Kevin.

You will be charged by AIB for a withdrawel fee. Its generally a percentage of what you withdraw capped at a certain level. better off bringing over cash changed at the airport. If you are going to one of the main resorts there most take Euro in markets and hotels and will exchange for you at a decent enough rate. At least get some Lira in the airport before hand.

Also in case you didnt know there is a sneaky visa charge at the turkish airports so ensure you have cash on you for it. They also tried to charge me triple the normal visa charge by confusing me but dont get easily confused and ripped into the visa person until he shook his head and took the normal charge

Advertisement