Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicey Lucy!

Options
  • 02-07-2010 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Just had a 1/2 pound juicey lucy that I made at home, holy ****!!!:eek:

20 out of 10!!!

If ye want it i'll post the recipe here...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The thread will be pointless if you don't...

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Fair point! right....

1 lb of normal mince beef, not the steak stuff
    1 medium onion
    3 strips streaky bacon
    1 red chilli
    1 green chilli
    150g dark red cheddar
    2 cream crackers
    nutmeg
    sea salt
    black pepper
    olive oil
    burger buns:eek:

This is just my way of doing it, any improvements would be welcome!

anyway,

first I put mince, half the onion(finely diced), finely crushed crackers, nutmeg salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Mush it all up with my hands, adding little drops of olive oil as I go, until ive added around 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of
    the stuff. then I divide it into four equal bits. pick up one of the bits between my palms and kinda throw it from one to the other until its just about the size of a CD, do this with all four. Grate the cheese and finely chop the chillis,( mix them in the same bowl you mixed the rest in). Pile two halves of the cheesey chilli stuff in the middle of two of the patties, now put the other patties on top of these, put some olive oil on your hands and gently pinch the edges together to sort of seal the cheese in, I like to put some oil on a chopping board or plate and turn the whole thing in my hand like a pottery type thing to shape it nicely.

Next I just pop it in a medium high pan with a little olive oil, wait till the meat browns on the bottom and turn the heat down to just under medium. Leave for around 7-8mins and repeat for other side.

While this was cooking I just chopped the other half of the onion in whatever way I want it, today its raw rings! Next time it could be diced and fried off, anyway during the burger cooking I threw the bacon under the grill. I like it well crispy. I heat the buns by popping down the toaster and lying them on top.

Thats it I spose really, leave some comments, oh and btw im well aware this is an ungodly amount of burger but its ok for a once a month type thing!!!!

Advertisement