Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo over stretch marks

Options
  • 02-07-2010 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, I've wanted to get a small tattoo on the side of my upper leg but unfortunately I've had stretch marks from a very young age and so now there 'healed' to white lines. I haven't got any new stretch marks since the big batch when I was young so I'm not afraid of getting more if I do get the tattoo there. Can I tattoo over them?? I've looked on google and found ppl to say that its tricky. Has any1 actually got one done over stretch marks?? Is it more painful and risky??? Any comments wud be helpful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Hi, I've wanted to get a small tattoo on the side of my upper leg but unfortunately I've had stretch marks from a very young age and so now there 'healed' to white lines. I haven't got any new stretch marks since the big batch when I was young so I'm not afraid of getting more if I do get the tattoo there. Can I tattoo over them?? I've looked on google and found ppl to say that its tricky. Has any1 actually got one done over stretch marks?? Is it more painful and risky??? Any comments wud be helpful :)

depends how deep they are to be honest.
    your best bet would be to go to a (reputable) tattoo artist and ask.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Stretch marks are effectively small scars. Itis possible to tattoo over scar tissue although due to the different make up of the tissue it's not a job for the inexperienced. Pain wise, it's no worse than any other skin. Talk to your chosen artist and see if they've had to deal with scarring before. If they haven't then walk away because there are a lot of very competent artists who have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mig mag

Hi, I've had the stretch marks on my stomach tattooed over and for me I find that I can still see the stretch marks through the tattoo, but now they're not the first thing I see and they're not that obvious.

I did find that they were a bit more painful to have tattooed than good skin and they swelled up more and occasionally bruised after being tattooed but I have quite alot of stretch marks, and some are fairly bad! :(

The tattoo artist told me he needed to work the colour in more in some of the larger marks especially, that they didn't take the colour so easy, so maybe thats why it hurt more? I'm not sure really, oh and the stretch marks seemed to take a little longer to heal too.

I'd do it all over again if I had to though so it wasn't really too bad. Hope this helps :D

Advertisement