Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chevy Camaro may go on sale in Ireland next year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

first thing that sprung to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

6.2 litre V8 petrol on the new motor tax and vrt system will put an end to that daft idea.

Also you imagine seeing one on display in the Chevy showroon parked next to a Matiz or Lacetti?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is that the one made out of cheap plastic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Diesel?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

lol....diesel.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Moses7 wrote: »
    What do you think, is there enough demand for this American "sports/muscle car"?

Chevrolet Camaro may come to Ireland, UK debut this weekend

I would love one myself persoanlly but you would need to take a small mortage out to buy and run it. The tax on the car would be crazy not to mention the cost on petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

Vanbis wrote: »
    I would love one myself persoanlly but you would need to take a small mortage out to buy and run it. The tax on the car would be crazy not to mention the cost on petrol.

Not sure on the gas mileage, but that's not bad. American cars are not as bad as they use to be when it comes to filling up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Moses7 wrote: »
    Not sure on the gas mileage, but that's not bad. American cars are not as bad as they use to be when it comes to filling up...

If they do arrive i'll be going to bring one for a test drive, just something about them i really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Id say about 0.05% of the population would be interested in a v8,at most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I was actually excited when I saw Chevy coming over here a few years ago; I had hoped they would bring over the likes of the Monte Carlo and the Impala so imagine how annoyed I was when I realised it was only rebadged f**king Daewoo...

I cant see the Camaro taking off in any major way over here, the tax would be a crippler for a start, but it would be cool to see even a handful of them driving around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I would say that no RHD version will put people off more than the engine size. The engine size is sort of irrelevant (or should be) - even if it was a 2.5 or 3 litre straight 6, the odds that it would still be in the top emissions bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Would love to see it on our roads, a good few of the 'new' retro look 'Stang tipping 'round, haven't heard of any of the new Challys here yet. I'm more of an old school dude myself, plus there's a lot to be said for €48 a year tax!

Advertisement