Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CALLING ON ALL HOTELS

Options
  • 02-07-2010 8:12pm

In these recessionary times is there any chance the likes of the quality group, jurys group etc. could post offers for boardsies to avail of, i.e. discounted hotel breaks for families or couples etc who want to holiday at home..... Sun is shining, we want to keep our euros here, meet us half way guys??????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MimiMum

Fully agree would be great :)
    found a few myself offering some good value packages like
    http://www.brennanhotels.com/
    incl free child under 12 though I'd love to get a axaleisure.ie code as it seems great havent renew insurrance this year so no code :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

B and B's also, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Good thread Shaaane,
    Recently launched a website and iPhone App to make searching for deals easier. The reaction from hotels was really poor, it's a completely free service and yet they don't see the benefit of making it easy for customers to find a good value deal, which they do seem to be doing.
    Anyway if anyone can explain their reluctance, I'd love to hear it.

Good thread Shaaane,
    Recently launched a website and iPhone App to make searching for deals easier. The reaction from hotels was really poor, it's a completely free service and yet they don't see the benefit of making it easy for customers to find a good value deal, which they do seem to be doing.
    any chance to have link of these please?
    thanks

Good thread Shaaane,

Great idea, the mind boggles as to their reluctance though. How many hotels did you approach? Did you approach B&Bs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

tommy21 wrote: »
    Great idea, the mind boggles as to their reluctance though. How many hotels did you approach? Did you approach B&Bs?

www.thatsagreatoffer.com or for those with an iPhone search 'GreatOffer' in the App store.

Tried a couple of dozen establishments and the reaction was very surprising (in a bad way)

PS I'll email a few on Monday to refresh their offers.

Hmm you might stand a better chance if you were endorsed by Fáilte Ireland or one of the books that publish annual listings or even top websites that a lot of hotels use.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Found some good offer here for short breaks in this rain soaked country of ours.

http://www.justgo.ie/Default.aspx

Bumble32 wrote: »
    Found some good offer here for short breaks in this rain soaked country of ours.

http://www.justgo.ie/Default.aspx

+1 Bumble32 :)thank you so much

wondering how i can thank like some did?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Use the thumbs up Icon,

to the right of the post. post_thanks.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

I have a code that i got last year that gets you 2 nights B&B plus an evening dinner for €88 pps in 3* hotels around Ireland (kids u/10 go free)

PM me if you want it - i have used it a few times for weekend breaks and its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

Have you tried lidl? - They are donig some great deals at the moment.

Sharp wrote: »
    Use the thumbs up Icon,

to the right of the post. post_thanks.gif

seen that on other forum though it doesnt appear for me here, might be coz I dont have all access yet :(

MimiMum wrote: »
    seen that on other forum though it doesnt appear for me here, might be coz I dont have all access yet :(

wahoo think it was 10 post to get it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

MimiMum wrote: »

You should do now, it starts from ten posts iirc

edit: too late :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

dogeyknees wrote: »
    I have a code that i got last year that gets you 2 nights B&B plus an evening dinner for €88 pps in 3* hotels around Ireland (kids u/10 go free)

PM me if you want it - i have used it a few times for weekend breaks and its great.

Hiya,
    could you pm me that code please..sounds like a great deal ::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Clevedon

....was a good one yesterday at Roganstown Hotel & Country Club in Swords. €99pps for 2 nights Bed & Breakfast and if you quote Deal of the Day you get a free Dinner or a Free Lunch or a Free Round of Golf for 2 people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Flana

Mill Times Hotel in Westport, 69 per night for room on internet, while there 3 course meal in Sol Rio, around the corner; great food for 25 a head, just back and good value.
    No connection with either place, just a heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Am always looking for cheap deals but my problem is I have four kids, husband and me. Nowhere seems to cater for my gang. Kids ages are 15, 14 and two 9 year olds. Any suggestions???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

dogeyknees wrote: »

Hi Dogeyknees.
    Just sent you a pm.
    Cheers Freebee23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gra15

Guys,

Have you had a look at the Super Valu breaks? They have loads of different option. You just use the points on your card if you have one of the token card thingys, you can use those either.

The site is http://www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com. It is well worth a look...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Handy thread, just what i was looking for. Just wondering has anybody used the supervalue or lidl breaks, or even in general, that if a hotel has a pool and stuff... do u generally get to use them for free as a hotel guest or do you have to pay? Not used to staying in hotels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gra15

Once you are a guest at any hotel you can use all of their facilities to the best of my knowledge!?!

I would watch the lidl breaks to be honest.... From my own bit of research there are a few hidden charges - their booking charge is high and the price only includes a 2 course meal while they require you to have a 3 course meal so you have to pay the hotel for the third course - strange set up!! On top of that their selection of hotels seems to be very limited - unless I was looking to book at a busy time and that was the issue there. Overall, I think SuperValu is the better way to go from my own experience anyway.

Advertisement