Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with floresent light fitting and fan in bathroom

Options
  • 02-07-2010 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope someone might be able to shed some light on my probelm (excuse the pun)

This morning I hit the switch to turn on my bathroom light which also activates the extractor fan. Nothing happened - neither the light or fan came on. I removed the shade and it appeared that the bulb may have blown. However, after work, I tried to replace the bulb but this didn't work. In fact, since the new bulb was put in, the light switch will no longer stay in the "on" (flicked down) position.

I haven't tried changing the starter as I don't have one at the minute. (I'm not sure if it would make any odds either)

Can anyone offer any advice on what might be wrong?

The light fitting is a 4 pin square floresent type thing.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭meercat

chances are that the light switch is faulty
    have you checked the fuse?
    are there other lights not working?
    is there an isolator for the fan?(sometimes high up on the wall,in the bathroom)
    i would look at replacing light switch though as both fan & light are not working
    remember to turn power off before undertaking work

Advertisement