Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nervous about going abroad.

• 02-07-2010 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi ,We are travelling in 2 weeks with our son who is 9 months old and he is in a great nighttime routine here, I am just so worried that he is going to be away all night over there and then when we get home we are going to have our hands full trying to get him back into the same routine.

It would be great to hear from anyone who has any experiene !

Thanks

Linda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sara-lou

You should try to keep as much of the routine as possible while you are away, keep him good and busy all day and he'll be ready for bed when the time comes.

When you come home get straight back to it it might take a night or 2 but it should be ok. If you overworry about it he is prob going to pick up your anxious vibes and it might unsettle him. Go and enjoy yourselves and take it each night as it comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

I know I really need to stop worrying. Fingers crossed he settles ok and gets back into his old routine as soon as possible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Karlos13

lindak,

we brought our twin boys to Portugal at a similar age and more or less kept them to the routine [slightly less if we were out for a meal]. I think that if you have a settled routine then one or two nights away from it won't be a disaster as long as you get back into it once you get home. Relax and enjoy the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

We got home a few days ago from holidays with our 9 month old, we stuck to his routine as much as possible with regards to meals and nap time ( swimming pool was great way to help him relax and get off to sleep)and since coming home he slipped straight into his usual routine, one word of advice though bring more nappies than you think you'll need and then some... hot sunny days equals plenty more fliuds meaning plenty more wet nappies! we slightly under estimated what we would need and had to buy more on our last day and they weren't great quality so we ended up leaving behind almost a full pack.

Advertisement