Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I'm sure the new Applegreen in Carlow is just running a loss leader to promote the new business for a while.

Pumps.ie currently have the prices as of the 21st for Applegreen Carlow ->

http://www.pumps.ie/viewStation.php?stationID=411

http://www.pumps.ie/findStationsBySearch.php?search=carlow

I know there are a few others around Carlow town that run pretty cheap too. Think the Esso station on the way out to Currys runs pretty cheap as well. Haven't been out there lately, but remember it being noticeably cheap last time I passed.

I'll compile a full list on the way day through Carlow, Ballon and Bunclody this evening. Top in Ballon was 149.9 for Diesel this morning, think the Texaco in Ballon was 147.9

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

151.9 in Applegreen Ferns for petrol,same price in Camolin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zerks wrote: »
    151.9 in Applegreen Ferns for petrol,same price in Camolin.

151.8 in Applegreen Drinagh apparently

Diesel Prices on the route home this evening ->

Tougher Oil - Carlow - 143.9
    Topaz - Carlow - 143.9
    Applegreen - Carlow - 141.9
    Texaco - Ballon - 147.9
    Top - Ballon - 149.9
    Econfuels - Bunclody - 149.9
    Applegreen - Bunclody - 143.9
    Texaco - Bunclody - 147.9

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Diesel Prices on the route home this evening ->

Tougher Oil - Carlow - 143.9
    Topaz - Carlow - 143.9
    Applegreen - Carlow - 141.9
    Texaco - Ballon - 147.9
    Top - Ballon - 149.9
    Applegreen - Bunclody - 143.9
    Texaco - Bunclody - 147.9

How about doing a petrol one aswell?

• Advertisement

No bother, I'll do that on the way up in the morning.

Managed to note a few, but got distracted in Ballon

Tougher Oil - Carlow - 148.9
    Topaz - Carlow - 149.9
    Applegreen - Carlow - 147.9
    Applegreen - Bunclody - 149.8
    Texaco - Bunclody - 152.9

I think Texaco in Ballon matches Bunclody. I missed Top, but they are typically on Enniscorthy terms price wise.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Managed to note a few, but got distracted in Ballon

Tougher Oil - Carlow - 148.9
    Topaz - Carlow - 149.9
    Applegreen - Carlow - 147.9
    Applegreen - Bunclody - 149.8
    Texaco - Bunclody - 152.9

I think Texaco in Ballon matches Bunclody. I missed Top, but they are typically on Enniscorthy terms price wise.

These should be printed out & handed into the petrol stations around Enniscorthy,wonder what the reaction would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Once the machine is set to 149.9 for example, is there any way they can tamper with it to make it show 149.9 but only put out the fuel that it would give if the price was 159.9?

Reason I'm asking is because I was getting a tenor petrol today and i slowed down and start watching the numbers as i got close to 10. It went from 8.50 to 8.70 and 9.40 to 9.60. It didn't go through the 8.50s or the 9.40s.

Hope i explained that properly.

vicwatson wrote: »
    151.8 in Applegreen Drinagh apparently

EDIT - Try 148.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

EDIT - Try 148.9

142.9 for diesel too

Today's drive to work prices -

Bunclody
    Texaco P 152.9 / D 145.9
    Applegreen P 149.8 / D 143.8
    Econfuels P 156.9 / D 149.9

Ballon
    Top P 154.9 / D 149.9
    Texaco p 151.9 / D 146.9

Carlow
    Applegreen P 146.8 / D 140.8
    Topaz P 149.9 / D 144.9
    Tougher Oil P 148.9 / D 143.9

Applegreen Carlow have dropped again... very low prices.

Prices of petrol locked in at between 153.9 & 154.9 in Enniscorthy,nobody making the step to drop them any lower despite it happening in virtually every other part of the country.Then they claim there's no 'cartel' in the town???

The strangest thing about today's prices that I posted is that Econfuels are way off the pace in Bunclody... whereas, they used to go toe to toe with Applegreen.

The big supermarkets in the UK are cutting prices on their forecourts from today,a study found that cheaper fuel actually led to people spending more and increased consumer confidence.
    How many people here do you see putting the bare amount into their vehicles compared to before when they filled up without a thought.

Some petrol stations seem very reticent to cut their prices despite them falling by up to 10c a litre elsewhere.144.9c in Urlingford today for petrol.154.9 @ Kinsella's,Killeens in Wexford the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Tesco New Ross still have the offer that if you spend €50 you get 5c off , and spend €100 you get 10c off .

Price is king these days for most people, sorry.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note.

There has been nearly 100 posts removed from this thread, which either named a station as a rip off or had words such as Scam or illegal in them. People you cant be making accusations or you cant go accusing petrol stations of selling dodgy fuel on a public forum. In the Irish libel laws, Boards.ie, as publisher of your posts, could be held liable for their content and sued by the person or business named in them.
    Posts also went completely off topic over the last few days where posters were discussing Kerosene, Green Diesel and Hose pipes.
    The whole point of the thread was to let people know where is the dearest and cheapest Petrol/Diesel in Co Wexford. After discussing this with another mod. We have decided to open the thread again. So please keep it on topic and if you are going to post let it be the price of Petrol or Diesel. Also anymore off topic posts will be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Boggans Texaco, Toyota dealer on the Newtown road are very reasonable with their prices on fuel.
    Unleaded 149.9
    Diesel 143.9
    Can't go too far wrong with Texaco!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Enniscorthy is an absolute joke. Top on the island road 149.9 for diesel, all the others are the same with the exception of Newline on the old Dublin road who are 145.9. Top in Wexford....143.9, 6c ffs and both stations are the same chain. Nice little cartell going there. Jaysus lads even the fella the Wexford side of Oylegate is cheaper than Enniscorthy and he was crazy prices...

• Advertisement

The service station on the Waterford Road New Ross is now down to 152.9 unleaded

Wow. Wfc have dropped diesel to 147.9. Not before time.

jca wrote: »
    Wow. Wfc have dropped diesel to 147.9. Not before time.

Diesel ?? 147.9?

Diesel was 141.8 in Applegreen in Wexford on Sunday last.

Petrol 147.8

Diesel ?? 147.9?

Diesel was 141.8 in Applegreen in Wexford on Sunday last.

Petrol 147.8

I was being sarcastic. ..

151.9 @ Top,Island Rd. for petrol today,Maxol,Bellfield went mad altogether & dropped to an amazing 153.9:rolleyes:

zerks wrote: »
    151.9 @ Top,Island Rd. for petrol today,Maxol,Bellfield went mad altogether & dropped to an amazing 153.9:rolleyes:

Ye still pay too much in Enniscorthy , compared to the rest of Leinster , and there are even parts of Dublin cheaper than that .

We have 151.9 here in New Ross ,and I usually get €20 at a time and notice the increase on the needle fuel guage .

But not so sure I notice a difference in extra mileage with this price reduction .

I'm beginning to think that fuel consumption has decreased in line with this price drop .

Ye still pay too much in Enniscorthy , compared to the rest of Leinster , and there are even parts of Dublin cheaper than that .

We have 151.9 here in New Ross ,and I usually get €20 at a time and notice the increase on the needle fuel guage .

But not so sure I notice a difference in extra mileage with this price reduction .

I'm beginning to think that fuel consumption has decreased in line with this price drop .
    Fuel quality..Not quantity....That's where the mpg's drop. Especially with petrol cars.

148.8 for petrol and 141.8 for diesel in Ferns last night. In Dublin there was a 10c difference in the price of petrol & diesel, 151.9 for the former & 141.9 for diesel.

Camolin was pretty much on par with Ferns.

Topaz New Ross have increased unleaded by 2c to 1.539 uptown and 1.549 downtown .

Whereas in Ferrybank Waterford , unleaded is still 1.499 and I was in Rosslare yesterday and unleaded is also 1.499

• Advertisement

Petrol gone up to 153.9 around Enniscorthy.

Advertisement