Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

zerks wrote: »
    Petrol in Applegreen Ferns : 150.8, Diesel 140.8

Arklow had reduced theirs to 149.8 & Diesel to 139.8 this morning.

Enniscorthy still 4 or 5c per litre dearer.

I don't like the applegreen juice I find the car is underpowered while using it. Top in Wexford town 151.8 Top in Enniscorthy 155.9, go figure eh? Then they wonder why everyone is in Wexford :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

149.9 @ Amber near Killinick. 139.9 for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You can all come to New Ross again to buy you petrol.

Its selling at a massively reduced 137.9 at most stations

EDIT :

Just seen 135.9 unleaded tonight

Cheapest petrol in Enniscorthy is 140.9c @ Gahans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

135.9 in new ross topaz

• Advertisement

139.9 on the island road tonight. It must be going to drop a lot if Gahan is the cheapest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Gorey dragging it's heels again, same price in Barndarrig now, not so long ago it was 8c dearer.

Gorey dragging it's heels again, same price in Barndarrig now, not so long ago it was 8c dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Petrol 133.9 tonight in New Ross -

Retailers are dragging their heels passing on the savings as no matter how low the price of fuel goes the government refuse to drop their cut from duty on it in line with the drop of fuel prices.

Bellfield,Enniscorthy is now 139.9 for petrol & 133.9 for diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

129.9 for diesel in Applegreen Ferns the other day.

126.9 for diesel where jj Byrnes used to be in Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

jca wrote: »
    126.9 for diesel where jj Byrnes used to be in Wexford.

That's an Applegreen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

133.8 for petrol & 127.9 for diesel in Applegreen Ferns,dropped by 2c a litre this morning.

zerks wrote: »
    133.8 for petrol & 127.9 for diesel in Applegreen Ferns,dropped by 2c a litre this morning.

I fell for the low price of petrol in ferns, car is running like a dog since. I normally get 200 km from the top quarter of the tank. I've done 180 km and it's gone well past the three quarter mark. That's the second time I've been caught with this poor quality fuel. I won't be caught again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I fell for the low price of petrol in ferns, car is running like a dog since. I normally get 200 km from the top quarter of the tank. I've done 180 km and it's gone well past the three quarter mark. That's the second time I've been caught with this poor quality fuel. I won't be caught again...

Dose this mean that the €7.15 pint of Heineken in Temple bar is better than the €4.30 pint of Heineken in my local ?

Squiggle wrote: »
    Dose this mean that the €7.15 pint of Heineken in Temple bar is better than the €4.30 pint of Heineken in my local ?

I understand your cynicism I was the very same myself. I was of the belief that all petrols were the same but the facts speak for themselves. A heart stopping 550 km to a tank of Applegreen opposed to a handy 640 km of Maxol with about another 70 km to spare. I'll let you know what I get out of this Applegreen tankful but it isn't looking hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mr OIl - 500 litres for €350.00 Kersone - 70c per litre - this time last year it was 94c per litre :eek:

Shhhhssshh though - don't tell the gubberment or else the tax will go up AGAIN !

• Advertisement

And you drive EXACTLY the same way EVERYTIME you drive?

vicwatson wrote: »
    And you drive EXACTLY the same way EVERYTIME you drive?

There's no need for the capital letters I understand the point you are making. Yes my driving varies very little from week to week as is the case with a lot of people I'm sure. With the car being a 7spd dsg it's always in the same gear in the same place,except when using this Applegreen rubbish it tends to hang in a lower gear for a little longer and in general just feels to be struggling in places where it doesn't normally.

130.9 for petrol in Ballymurn today.

POST EDITED
    There's no need for the capital letters I understand the point you are making. Yes my driving varies very little from week to week as is the case with a lot of people I'm sure. With the car being a 7spd dsg it's always in the same gear in the same place,except when using this Applegreen rubbish it tends to hang in a lower gear for a little longer and in general just feels to be struggling in places where it doesn't normally.

Capital letters for EMPHASIS wink.png

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Mod Note

Ok folks some people need read the forum charter, bad mouthing of anyone's business name is not allowed on these threads.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055173964

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Applegreen in Ferns is the cheapest Diesel I've seen. €1.27. It's cheap for a reason. It's crap. Car is a bit sluggish, and lasts no length.
    My advice. Buy the good stuff. As my granny used to say, "I can't afford to buy cheap things"

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

i disagree, i buy here a lot of the time when passing through and can't fault it, car goes very well on the stuff, can't see any real difference with the fuel i get there compared to other well known spots.

Sure doesn't all fuel get shipped into the one port over here and then the various different company tankers pull from it...?unless you've got the dodgy boys up north giving you the supply..

Bought petrol in Barndarrig for 133.9 yesterday which is five cents cheaper than the cheapest in Gorey. This represents a 13c overall differential in the price drop compared to Gorey and nobody can say the stations in Gorey don't do good business, there's got to be a scam going on here.

vicwatson wrote: »
    POST EDITED

Capital letters for EMPHASIS wink.png

I get that, smart guy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DamianK

diesel 126. in Courtown today

Advertisement