Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about what grant?

Options
  • 02-07-2010 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm under quite an amount of stress at the moment because I am unsure of what maintenance grant I will entitled to for Septemebr 2010.

I am a mature student who will doing a PHD. I know that I will get the grant through DCC but I'm not sure how much it will be. I've been on casual job benefit since 2008 which just changed to the lower rate in 2009. This means that I was not continously on benefit as I was working on a casual basis and I know to qulaify for the higest rate of grant you need to ahve some kind of social welfare payments.. I know that I won't get BTEA, which is fine, but I wonder if I'll get the largest grant on offer, as it would take some pressure off me. My total earnings were less than 16,000 last year.

All the information I have recieved has been quite confusing and not directly applicable to me as I wasn't completely unemployed.

Any ideas?

Advertisement