Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost: The Video Game PS3/XBOX 360.

• 02-07-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Anyone ever buy this game for your console?. It has a reputation for not being the greatest game, but for a few quid such as little as 5 euro I think its a good buy. You can Roam most of the main locations such as the Dharma stations like the Swan (The hatch), The Hydra, The Pearl, The Flame and the medical station,the beach,and the black rock in first person detail.You can even perform all the computer functions in the hatch such as entering the numbers to reset the alarm and close the blast doors and turn on the ultraviolet lights and so on... Has decent enough graphics and a few missions that are quite fun. Easy 1000 GS and well written story.

942291_20080122_790screen008.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

it's average at best to be fair. You just feel they could have done so much more with it. None of the voices from the main show was a massive letdown too since the voice acting was shocking imo. The controls are poor and the missions are very repetitive too. I rented it for a day and that was enough ti pass it. Very short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

tok9 wrote: »
    the voice acting was shocking imo. The controls are poor and the missions are very repetitive too. I rented it for a day and that was enough ti pass it. Very short.

The voice acting isnt perfect, but its not far off, I found Jack,Lockes,Desmond,Sayid,Hurley,Kate,Ben,Tom, and a few others to be pretty real.

But the only one that really made me suffer was this... Just listen to Charlie, It nearly made me pour acid into my ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Metacritic gave it 55 which is pretty poor, but i guess it could be OK if you were a huge LOST fan.

GT did a nice video review of it, although it wasn't complimentary. Sold ~900,000 copies according to vgchartz. Which is better than I would've thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I picked it up for about €4 a year or two back. Played it for a couple of hours and that was it. Wouldn't even bother spending €4 on it.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Metacritic gave it 55 which is pretty poor

Thats actually a lot higher than i thought it would get.

I would love a proper Lost video game. Something like fallout 3, a proper open world (island) game with several main quests and side quests. You could be good or bad etc

Might put a bit more thought into it but i think something like that would have worked a lot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thats actually a lot higher than i thought it would get.

I would love a proper Lost video game. Something like fallout 3, a proper open world (island) game with several main quests and side quests. You could be good or bad etc

Might put a bit more thought into it but i think something like that would have worked a lot better

Yeah, if they gave it a few years production it could've been really good. It's a great premise/open world for a videogame. Even if they started in Season 2 they'd have enough time to bring it out before the series finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Picked it up yesterday for €6 second-hand.. going into LOST cold turkey need to get my fix... cant imagine what to do after this game haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Picked it up yesterday for €6 second-hand.. going into LOST cold turkey need to get my fix... cant imagine what to do after this game haha

Watch the wire!

Trilla wrote: »
    Watch the wire!

Been there done that... Any fan-fiction out there?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Watch the wire!

thats what I'm doing, bought the boxset last year, watched the first 3 seasons and left it till last week.. great show in fairness
    Been there done that... Any fan-fiction out there?

I'm reading Knowing Lost. On it's 7th episode now, I keep reading it so I must like it to some extent although I find it hard to tell the difference between the protagonists sometimes

thats what I'm doing, bought the boxset last year, watched the first 3 seasons and left it till last week.. great show in fairness

I'm reading Knowing Lost. On it's 7th episode now, I keep reading it so I must like it to some extent although I find it hard to tell the difference between the protagonists sometimes

cool thanks ill try it out sometime Ive busy readign A Game of Thrones atm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I got it free when I bought my xbox, but I could never bring myself to play it

I think I got a euro for it when I traded it in

Advertisement