Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid related psychology jobs

• 02-07-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm in the process of gaining relevant experience in order to apply for the doctorate in clinical psychology. Apart from ABA tutoring and working as a social care worker, rehabilitation assistant does anyone know of any paid part-time work that can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 liza22

I've worked as a volunteer for the Rape Crisis Centre, which can include accompanying women to relevant hospitals or manning telephone lines - all of which have training attached ;)
    I've also taken a ridiculous number of courses, worked as an assistant psychologist in child/adolescent mental health services and am about to work with eating disordered clients (again!).
    I suppose it depends what qualifications you have, what services you can live near, and whether you can work for free or not!

sorry - just read title expressedly emphasising paid work. That makes it a little more difficult. I've found working as an assistant psychologist to be the most respected position I've had when applying for yet another postgrad course. The practical experience of helping out with clinical work, as well as engaging in the all important research elements, was invaluable.

Advertisement