Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekday Mass Galway City

Options
  • 02-07-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone know where there would be mass during the week in the mornings around 7.30 or 8am or evenings after 7pm? Anywhere around the city, renmore/mervue/city area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

There is (or used to be) mass at 8am in the Poor Clares Chapel on Nuns Island in the city. It's open to the public. My mum is a big fan. I have been there once with her and it was quite peaceful and nice.

You can find out mass times for all the churches in the city here : http://www.galwaydiocese.ie

Just click on "Parishes" and then select the church you're interested in from the drop down menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I know Knocknacarra has early morning mass but that's on the other side of the city.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Das Kitty wrote: »

That one doesn't give weekday masses but if you look at the parish section you'll find them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

chilly wrote: »
    That one doesn't give weekday masses but if you look at the parish section you'll find them.

Got in before I could edit. Yeah look at the parishes section.

Sorry chilly see your post now. I'm a bit tipsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I believe the Poor Clares (8am) or Cathedral (6pm) are the only option in the city. Or the Claddagh (which really is just a few steps over the bridge from Spanish Arch) at 7:30 am and pm.

(Yes, it's a bit strange that even on special days none of the city churches cater for the large population who live in the city and work outside it. I guess their timetables were last revised when the number of inner-city residents wasn't a shadow on what it is now.)

Advertisement