Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help, Landlord trying to keep my deposit :(

Options
  • 02-07-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Im having such problems with my landlord and was just wondering if anyone could help/advice me..
    I just gave him notice for the end of the month he's now trying to say that when i moved in i never gave him the month in advance and the deposit.
    He acknowledges i gave him one of 900 which he is saying was the deposit but says i never gave him a month in advance and that i now owe him another months rent,
    When i moved in i gave him 1800 euro's in front of my mam and his work college and we all signed the lease to confirm this but now he is saying that he doesnt remember getting it and that he will check his account to see if he lodged that much money.
    I was nearly crying talking to him and told him i have a record of me taking it out of my bank account and he just said he'd check his account and get back to me.
    I am now so worried because i am a single parent and if he doesnt give my deposit back i can not move and i cant afford to keep paying the high rent on this house any longer, does anyone know if i have any come back or is it his word against mine. please advice me what to do.. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Have you got receipt of such transaction? ( you should have)

Whether you gave him deposit by bank draft/cheque, there is a bank trail. Hope you didn't give him cash.

As per other thread, have you got a copy of the lease?

Do not sign another lease as you clearly do not trust him. This will give you as escape route out of there but abiding within the law. Is the LL registered with the PRTB?

If not, you've got him by the balls.

Also, before you move out, take pics of everything, i mean everything as per your story this landlord comes across as suspect

Advertisement