Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drop out repeat

Options
  • 03-07-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hows a going i dropped outta school before and now i want to do my leaving cert but most sites i look on for lc around dublin say you need your first one to get in, can anyone tell me where i can do this as a adult and i'm 19.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Moved from LC

Off.the.walls, while you are a bit young for a "mature" student (according to the government's definition anyway! :)) you may get better answers here, as this forum is more geared towards second-chance education.

Have you looked at doing it through VTOS for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rororororororor

Sorry Off.the.walls, It doesn't say where you're from, but I know that the Wicklow VEC do a back to education program for adults who havn't completed 2nd level education. I actually know someone myself thats has done it in one our locals schools (she was 19 aswell!), but instead of attending the classes of 5th and 6th years of the school your doing it in, the BTEI classes are total seprate but cover the all course material needed. Also I think theres some sort of social welfare paid to you because its somehow FAS related! Heres the Wicklow VEC link http://www.wicklowvec.ie/btei.htm with numbers and what not! but im sure the VEC whereever you're from as a Back To Education program! Its really great that you're going back to educate yourself!Good luck!:)

Advertisement