Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somethings going down

Options
  • 03-07-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭

Just walking down O Connell St there after a few pints on the way home. 5 cop cars, 3 paddy wagons, 3 fire brigades and 2 ambulances all travelling at high speeds up O Connell St. Hmmm, wonder what's happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

They were driving around in circles looking for "The Carlton" apartments. Which is across from the post office on cecil street. They hadn't a clue where it was.

The fire alarm was goin of in the building and everyone was called out automatically. False alarm declared and 10min later they had all gone.

Nothin to see here folks! I was surprised at the response, at least I know if it ever does go on fire they'll be on the scene quick!

It's connected to the george hotel too so maybe that had something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

slinky2000 wrote: »
    They were driving around in circles looking for "The Carlton" apartments. Which is across from the post office on cecil street. They hadn't a clue where it was.

The fire alarm was goin of in the building and everyone was called out automatically. False alarm declared and 10min later they had all gone.

Nothin to see here folks! I was surprised at the response, at least I know if it ever does go on fire they'll be on the scene quick!

It's connected to the george hotel too so maybe that had something to do with it

I used to live in those apartments, the fire alarm went off every few weeks without fail, usually at 3am when someone who was drunk battered through a fire escape. I dont think I ever left the building once, usually poked my head out the door and if nobody in their pj's was running for the exits clutching children or their dvd collections I went back to bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

krudler wrote: »
    I used to live in those apartments, the fire alarm went off every few weeks without fail, usually at 3am when someone who was drunk battered through a fire escape. I dont think I ever left the building once, usually poked my head out the door and if nobody in their pj's was running for the exits clutching children or their dvd collections I went back to bed :D

Jesus man, I've lived there for 2 years now and for 1 year about 4 years ago and I've only heard it go off twice I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Advertisement