Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mirror magic?

Options
  • 03-07-2010 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

as the title asks, does anyone know what it is? i heard someone talking about it and when i asked about it they couldnt really give me a straight answer, just something about looking into a mirror and seeing something strange and that it can be quiet scarry.does anyone have any experience with it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

There are loads of urban legends about doing "magic" in front the mirror. I wouldnt give it much creedence to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 allyJay

Yes there are a lot of myths and nonsense surrounding mirror magic, but many witches use mirrors for divination, rather like a crystal ball

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its a form of 'scrying'. Using an object to obtain psychic information. Works on the principle that your mind can interpret random shapes and patterns into a recognisable message/information.

There is also a myth that staring into a mirror in a darkened room will allow you to see the face of the dead/the devil or whatever your particular myth says. But all that is happening is your eyes are getting lazy in the same way that staring at a statue will cause you to think its moving. It is a weird thing to try, though.

There are lots of films about spooky mirrors which add to the myths. Candyman and Mirrors (with Kiefer Sutherland) are two I can think of.

Advertisement