Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation in UCD

Options
  • 03-07-2010 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

Hope to start in UCD in Sept. Which on-campus accommodation would you recommend? Do you know is there a difference in cost between the various residences? I cannot seem to be able to locate the prices on any website.
    Cheers.
    By the way, when should I apply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

I don't know if you get to choose as i never applied for accommodation while I was there. But I've been to all of the on campus residences and Glenomena is by far the best accommodations in terms of quality.

And you should apply as soon as possible as there is high demand for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

yes you get to choose depending on availability

fees:
    http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/fees1011/

booking opened up on the 16 of June

the waiting list for first years is above 1500 now with only 880 available to that category so the odds of someone joining it now and getting a place is low, your best option is to look for off-campus

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

oh. dear.

I totally didn't pay attention to this new system at all :)

now must alert my friend beginning in UCD next september..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Quick question. I dont intend to apply this year but was wondering if it is possible to book a room as part of a group? Say if me and 2 of friends got into UCD would it be possible for us to get the same room? Or is that a bit naive to think? :confused:

Jaafa wrote: »
    Quick question. I dont intend to apply this year but was wondering if it is possible to book a room as part of a group? Say if me and 2 of friends got into UCD would it be possible for us to get the same room? Or is that a bit naive to think? :confused:
    you get to pick your room so its just a matter of making sure you and your friends pick the same apartment and hope nobody else book one of the rooms before a friend does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I see. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kiwi2

When do you get to choose your room?

if you're going into first year then you pick after you get offered and accept a place in ucd

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kiwi2

uppishhauk wrote: »
    if you're going into first year then you pick after you get offered and accept a place in ucd

Is that the day the offers come out?

Advertisement