Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molecular Medicine

Options
  • 03-07-2010 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Posting this here since it seems to cross over into Health Sciences territory.

I'm a TCD science student going into second year and have to start thinking about what speciality I'd like to work towards for third and fourth year and essentially I'm torn between two choices; Neuroscience and Molecular Medicine.

Both seem interesting but what's putting me off mol. med is the new nature of the field. Given that TCD are the only university to offer the degree in Ireland is it a worthwhile field to pursue in terms of employment, masters and phd's? I've toyed with emigrating in the past so I'm willing to work at it and am highly interested in both fields. I'm just curious as which is the better field to get involved in. Any and all info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Molecular Medicine is a hugely growing branch of medicine and would be a fascinating area to go into, I think. We had a module in it in first year and while it was tough to get my head around, I found it reall interesting. If you like learning about how miniscule changes can have huge implications you'll probably enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

As far as I know there aren't many places in it and it's pretty hard to get into.

Advertisement