Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Condi wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Quality stuff mate...what modem are you using may i ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I like the new look speedtest site, pitty about the speeds today:(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1190777596.png

mayo.mick wrote: »
    I like the new look speedtest site, pitty about the speeds today:(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1190777596.png

Still not bad mate and nice latency to boot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Yeah the new design to the speedtest site is nice alright!
    condi them speeds are great wish i had them:)
    Not sure if this area is enabled for HSPA+ tough:o
    heres mine from just a few mins ago not bad at all it will speed up even more in the next hour or so peak times here is 4-7pm after that its grand so can't complain .

1190877138.png

36372501.png

• Advertisement

jay93 wrote: »
    Yeah the new design to the speedtest site is nice alright!
    condi them speeds are great wish i had them:)
    Not sure if this area is enabled for HSPA+ tough:o
    heres mine from just a few mins ago not bad at all it will speed up even more in the next hour or so peak times here is 4-7pm after that its grand so can't complain .

1190877138.png

36372501.png

Im similar to you in terms of speed and latency....onlu way to see if hspa+ is online in your area is to make sure you are using a hspa+ router or modem and then test it out in the best signal area in your house

It looks like you are just using hspa at the moment

Three havent officially announced that hspa+ is online as of yet as far as i know

Is there not an extra charge for hspa+ ? Like vodafone charging extra to be able to use skype on mobile bb. I think i seen somewhere on this site that someone got round that by using a vpn, vodafone were'nt able to see that they were using skype.

Still not bad mate and nice latency to boot. :D

I don't know why the link came up, the results used to be embedded in the reply post, must have done something wrong.

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Is there not an extra charge for hspa+ ? Like vodafone charging extra to be able to use skype on mobile bb. I think i seen somewhere on this site that someone got round that by using a vpn, vodafone were'nt able to see that they were using skype.

Nope no limitations on the service like vodafone which is really cool in comparison....but when its officially announced they might well try and package it as a separate product. I was talking to thier tech support today and their sales teamand it seems thier hspa+ rollout is well underway so i think we shakl hear more about it in the near future

Im similar to you in terms of speed and latency....onlu way to see if hspa+ is online in your area is to make sure you are using a hspa+ router or modem and then test it out in the best signal area in your house

It looks like you are just using hspa at the moment

Three havent officially announced that hspa+ is online as of yet as far as i know

My modem is the k3765 only has HSPA enabled will have to get a modem that has HSPA+ support on it and test it out to see if 3 have rolled out the service in any areas yet.my guess is that they installed it in Mostly NBS areas first since condi is on NBS and getting them great speedsbiggrin.gif
    latency is always a must for me i hated my old HSDPA modem pings always near 200ms or over ,now using my current modem i can get as low as 65ms-120ms cool.gif

Heres a test in the dead of night when no-one is online
    1191658838.png

was downloading at over 520 kb/s tonight found a fast spot to put my modem in my bedroom window lol have it connected over a long usb cable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sk08

1196475337.png

Very pleased with my Vodafone speed here in Donegal :). I'm using the Vodafone WiFi Sharing Modem! This was taken in near 6 in the Evening, so I'm sure it would've been higher at the 4 in the morning mark which some of you have posted, haha (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

1203739370.png

36949647.png

I am 1.5 miles from cell, but slightly blocked by a hill, they tell me I am not able to avail of NBS, constantly tell me there is "congestion" at the site which seems to be congested for the past 12months! I wish they would give me NBS scheme but they refuse :(

1203870393.png

1203875123.png

36956481.png

Have to update java for the packet test ive never seen packet loss above 0% for me anyways
    LaVail wrote: »
    I am 1.5 miles from cell, but slightly blocked by a hill, they tell me I am not able to avail of NBS, constantly tell me there is "congestion" at the site which seems to be congested for the past 12months! I wish they would give me NBS scheme but they refuse

Reasons why you cant avail? plus you can check your area on the comreg site i think to see if you electorial area is labelled/marked for nbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

All the neighbours must be gone parading!!!!:pac::pac:

1206595544.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

LaVail wrote: »
    1203739370.png

36949647.png

I am 1.5 miles from cell, but slightly blocked by a hill, they tell me I am not able to avail of NBS, constantly tell me there is "congestion" at the site which seems to be congested for the past 12months! I wish they would give me NBS scheme but they refuse :(

The NBS is the same mobile network.

People only get faster if there is better signal and few or no other users on their mast sector. If they made you an NBS customer tomorrow it would make no difference unless they built a new mast nearer and some customers left to other Operators.

Just got a meteor dongle today seems good so far.:o

1218835786.png

and dublin server:

1218846732.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Here's my meteor dongle :pac:

At 12am Friday morning

1218977333.png

and another at 2.25am

1219121668.png

Im looking to get the 3 broadband router or considering the vodafone one with the sure signal... is the sure signal better?

I figure the coverage is ok since im west Dublin on the metoer, the 3 would be ok too... I'm sure there is a lot of variables but I'm just looking for something solid. I like the was 3 offeres 30gb a month insteada vodafones 15... i use about 10-15 on average a month i don't like restrictions! but yeah is it either or? or is vodafone sure signal a bit better?

another test :)

1219009737.png

1219034160.png

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

1223328993.png

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

Here's 3 again from a window i found an ok signal from...

I have the 3 modem/router hooked up to a wireless N router for the home network now and here's the results

1223908229.png

Contemplating putting the 3 modem/router in some sort of perspex type box on the roof and just leaving it there... theres a coaxial cable from an old fixed wireless service on the roof with rj-45 connection at each end, would that work to carry the signal and connect each router together!? ..might try it later on

-=al=- wrote: »
    Here's my meteor dongle :pac:

At 12am Friday morning

1218977333.png

and another at 2.25am

1219121668.png

Im looking to get the 3 broadband router or considering the vodafone one with the sure signal... is the sure signal better?

Vodafone sure signal needs to be connected over DSL to work so if you did use this you would essenitally using your landline broadband for access as opposed to vodafones actual 3G network so the sure signal would be pretty pointless its mostly for rural areas or for people who can't make calls and texts..

You could always give three a go a see how they perform but i'm not sure about in the city could be slower than meteor as three have more customers at this stage !!

Three's download limits are better than all other networks tough and thats a good selling point :)

EDIT:OOPS seen that you have already tried out three!!

My speeds this evening;

1226623748.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

watty wrote: »
    The NBS is the same mobile network.

People only get faster if there is better signal and few or no other users on their mast sector. If they made you an NBS customer tomorrow it would make no difference unless they built a new mast nearer and some customers left to other Operators.

Man this is sad stuff :(

1228008863.png

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

1232410669.png

1233571372.png

1233569394.png

Another test during the day :)

1234602951.png

1234611156.png

Not bad today

1244244850.png

Playing Halo at the same time also

1244267592.png

• Advertisement

1254270700.png

wow :D best ive ever got

Magnet speed test result:

Last Result:
    Download Speed: 5461 kbps (682.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 2757 kbps (344.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Advertisement