Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midband speedtest Megaathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

1429763720.png
    Sexy! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Cool Dave thats the fastest result i've seen from the 3 network say your happy with that :D

Heres mine today :P

1430005555.png

1430015256.png

I dont think Contention is the problem as its the same 24/7

It seems like it's an issue with the mast that your connecting to ring Meteor and complain they usually won't notice problems with their network unless someone reports it to them!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

jay93 wrote: »
    It seems like it's an issue with the mast that your connecting to ring Meteor and complain they usually won't notice problems with their network unless someone reports it to them!:cool:

Popped into the meteor store in blanch center today and yer one was like "ah its just your area nothing we can do" so i asked her why it used to be grand "ah we've sold loads of dongles out here so thats why!" great feckin help she was

1431829158.png

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Take_Her_Handy

1432467077.png

Ba humbug!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Fairly good speeds today,

1464235233.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

1466134805.png

Not too shabby, south Dublin. Local mast still can't 'see' s.ytimg.com (YouTube) for most of the day though, only at night or random daytime..

No problems elsewhere, with the same dongle.

New house, further away from he mast but out in the country and away from high concentration of three users, this is without the repeater :D1466376701.png

And again this mornin! Was in a village before that only had three as a provider! We moved 2 days ago and I just brought my wifi dongle and put it in the window! Left the booster at the old place so far! I'm further away from the mast here and yet the internet is faster! 1466776531.png Just out of an area of about 1 square mile with about 300 people all using three! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Ren2k7

So Patrick from 3 here on boards sent me a message today informing me my local mast had been "upgraded", despite the fella from India telling me the same thing nearly a year ago. I'm not sure what they call an upgrade, because this is even worse than usual. :mad:

1467353527.png

Not to worry. Getting out of this NBS hellhole and cancelling three very soon :). Proper broadband, here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Ren2k7 wrote: »
    Not to worry. Getting out of this NBS hellhole and cancelling three very soon :). Proper broadband, here I come.

Same here, UPC have just asked us for permission to access the property to replace some very old and cracked coax with fiber..

Might take a few months, but.. who cares. No more dongles, eventually.

Meh! 1472399768.png

Right seriously! Whats going on? I'm further away than I was from the mast and have yet to install my repeater, Its 6:48pm and I'm still getting decent speeds!!! 1472901044.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Right seriously! Whats going on? I'm further away than I was from the mast and have yet to install my repeater, Its 6:48pm and I'm still getting decent speeds!!!

Maybe the kids have got a lot of homework tonight :D

Or your not connecting to the same mast.

Or your previous connection was poor due to picking up a reflected signal (or serveral).

You can get a cell ID by using MDMA its not the same ID you'll see at www.siteviewer.ie but you can see if the cell ID is different for each location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭Schorpio

1473781563.png

Have had meteor for a few months now and I can't complain (yet!). :)

Maybe the kids have got a lot of homework tonight :D

Or your not connecting to the same mast.

Or your previous connection was poor due to picking up a reflected signal (or serveral).

You can get a cell ID by using MDMA its not the same ID you'll see at www.siteviewer.ie but you can see if the cell ID is different for each location.

No dude, same mast, now 6.5 miles away, was 4.5 miles from it! (Google Earth Ruler) The site is at Ardagh hill Longford! I was in Keenagh and now out Abbeyshrule direction! I only get reception if I leave my wifi router in a window facing Ardagh hill! Only thing is there was about 400 houses in 1 square mile in Keenagh all dependent on Three! Out here it all seems to be O2! 1473900461.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

Condi wrote: »

What Dongle are you using?

• Advertisement

1489763769.png

not bad at all for this time ! :D

1491782424.png Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Gotta love late night speeds

1491991226.png

was about 2mb or so earlier today around 7pm... not to bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

1499451357.png

A miracle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

1501063068.png

A joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

typical evening speed from three these past 6 months

1503458916.png

1503464748.png

Have comreg involved now because I don't have 4 days to spent on the phone to India.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Good speeds from vodafone today, have they upgraded their network:confused:

1504514199.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

1505329569.png

My typical connection :mad:

Advertisement